Some Bottle Tops - All Broken Though :(

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some Old Bottles - All Broken Though :(

Allt he bottles are broken (obviously) but the age of the bottle tops is hella cool/old.... emerald green Blob top(i think its blob top), blue glass tops, 2 brown glass, unkown clear glass top, looks old based on how its applied and stuff and even black glass! (or super super deep dark green). All found in the same pit, so sad that there smashed, but im still saving them until i find the intact ones. - not bad for my backyard lol.

IMG_1782.JPG IMG_1783.JPG IMG_1784.JPG IMG_1785.JPG IMG_1787.JPG IMG_1788.JPG IMG_1789.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 2

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are finding what you would expect to be finding. Way more breaks than intacts. I had a friend once who took all of his broken bottle necks and ground them down at the neck break and filled a large glass jar with them. Lots of amber, cobalt, clear and some off shades.Kinda the same idea of the tourists here in Florida filling a clear glass lamp base with sea shells. Looked real cool, I keep meaning to make one myself, I hate tossing out these necks.

OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are finding what you would expect to be finding. Way more breaks than intacts. I had a friend once who took all of his broken bottle necks and ground them down at the neck break and filled a large glass jar with them. Lots of amber, cobalt, clear and some off shades.Kinda the same idea of the tourists here in Florida filling a clear glass lamp base with sea shells. Looked real cool, I keep meaning to make one myself, I hate tossing out these necks.

Interesting enough, I dug a hole a few feet away from this one, found 11 intact bottles, maybe 2-3 broke ones. Im not sure why there were so many intact bottles right underground...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread