Some epic finds today only the second one in 25 years of digging!!!

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I went to the park I thought it’s dried up using the Fisher F75. The ground is wet perfect for digging holes. The first few finds were nickels nothing old until the wheat cent from 1928. On a hot streak next was the Buffalo and I’m floored. I decided to wrap it up head out of the woods and near a small bridge was a solid signal down about 6 inches I needed the pinpointer out pops the Reale!!
Same park in 2001 with the Garrett Grand Master CX III I dug my first Real 1779 with the electronics the date was revealed!!!
The date is not visible on this on but for as far as it traveled until I dug it is the cool part of detecting. Guy had this coin there was no car or bus he was walking around.
Thank you for looking HH Michael

Attachments

• IMG_4411.jpeg
    IMG_4411.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_4412.jpeg
    IMG_4412.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 164
Upvote 48

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I went to the park I thought it’s dried up using the Fisher F75. The ground is wet perfect for digging holes. The first few finds were nickels nothing old until the wheat cent from 1928. On a hot streak next was the Buffalo and I’m floored. I decided to wrap it up head out of the woods and near a small bridge was a solid signal down about 6 inches I needed the pinpointer out pops the Reale!!
Same park in 2001 with the Garrett Grand Master CX III I dug my first Real 1779 with the electronics the date was revealed!!!
The date is not visible on this on but for as far as it traveled until I dug it is the cool part of detecting. Guy had this coin there was no car or bus he was walking around.
big time gratz, well done

OP
OP
michael NY

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome! Was there any structures near the bridge it could be from?
Next to a lake that had a ton of activity an old houses long gone other end of it. I dug a bunch of coins there years ago. Thanks for comment. It’s really not a huge bridge more of a small walking bridge over a small stream.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread