Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry I don’t have much to contribute at the moment but I have been wondering about this little flake, reminds me of examples of palm wood but I’m not sure, anyone have any opinions?
IMG_6403.jpeg

Upvote 4

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How bout some more pictures of the sides and bottom of that piece.

But me being from the "Lands of Palmwood" I can honestly say Its not like any Palmwood I have seen from around here... From just the top view picture posted, it looks like a piece of glazed porcelain to me...

OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies I’ll get some other pics when I can, I was just going through my flakes/rocks to double check I didn’t miss anything and that kind of cell pattern jumped out, thought it could be an imported material, I’ve never seen anything like that around here unless it’s a bryozoan fossil but seems more plant like to me

OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if these are much better but having difficulty getting my camera to cooperate with a tiny piece. In some lights the pattern washes out in others with the pattern it’s like the camera has difficulty focusing.
IMG_6458.jpeg
IMG_6457.jpeg
IMG_6459.jpeg
IMG_6460.jpeg
IMG_6463.jpeg
IMG_6464.jpeg

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I think it’s a type of chert. I found a piece years ago in a field that looked like palm wood that ended up being a chert. Never did find another piece and don’t have the one I found anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread