tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This area that floods after winter gets a lot of mallards, geese and other shore type birds around it. During the spring it fills up and over the next few months it will slowly dry up, unless we get some heavy rains and it fills up again. You'll hear many frogs and see a few varieties birds show up around it when it's full. I was trying to get some shots of the Killdeer birds around it, but they wouldn't sit still and then I noticed these little guys moving around in the water. They look like a sandpiper and are no bigger then a robin.

Attachments

• mud hole 1 pond.jpg
    mud hole 1 pond.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 59
  • mud hole bird 1.jpg
    mud hole bird 1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 70
  • mud hole bird 2.jpg
    mud hole bird 2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 68

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, we have them here as well. LOTS of water in our area!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope you guys in Colorado are hunkered down tonight and watching the sky. Nice pics but I don't know the name of the birds either.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you guys in Colorado are hunkered down tonight and watching the sky. Nice pics but I don't know the name of the birds either.
I got my truck in the shop today, so maybe I'll head over and see if I can get some better shots of the with the sun at my back. This truck of mine has a strange issue no one can figure out. It just up and quits every now and then and no one can pin it down, because it won't do it in a shop, so now I'm just throwing parts at it. Replaced the EGR valve and that didn't do it. It started doing it's problem again up in Laurel Montana and I did some research online and it said it's either a throttle position control or low idle air control, so I spent the night in Laurel waiting on parts, put them on the next morning and headed to Columbus Montana and coming back to Colorado it started doing it again, but when I got to Wyoming it ran like a sewing machine nonstop all the way home. Looking more online I see maybe it's the engine control module and that could be a bear to replace, so I called a Ford dealer and they got me a 30+ year Ford mechanic to talk to and he said it sounds like a bad ignition control switch and if not that it could be the stator in the distributor, but try the ignition control first. That was simple to do, but I then bought a whole new distributor also and I'm having a guy put that in today, as I don't what to screw up trying to get the timing right plus I don't have a timing light. If this doesn't help, I'm then giving up on it and will start looking for another rig to run the hell out of.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread