Some of our Aussies small bush flowers.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
Hi everyone. Here are some of our small bush flowers where I live. Most are tiny and you could drive through some areas and think nothing is there. Some places you see some if you look. Many are ridiculously small though, and even so are beautiful to look at. These and others I'll show I took to show old folks in a nursing home I used to visit. I would put them on a USB stick and show them in the common room on a big screen TV. Used to love doing it but alas Covid stopped me visiting them. Anyway, I hope you enjoy seeing them.
These below don't come up often, just in good years with rains. Did not see these for a few yrs at this place but was a great show when they came up. By the way, is a good gold place, not rich but a place I love going to.
B BLUE.jpg

A close up.
A BLUE.jpg

These are a tiny vine. They often grow along the ground, sometimes up stems of other plants. This one was about 2 inches long. They can grow up the stems of things maybe 8 inches. But the flowers are tiny as you could imagine.
VINE.jpg

These are ridiculously small. From standing all you see is white specks. But another beautiful native most dont see.
TINY WHITES.jpg

I call these yellow pom poms, not sure of the real name. But they are wonderful. Maybe as big as the end of your thumb.
C YELLOW.jpg

Another I dont know its name, but the leaves remind me of holly. Small but nice.
TINY BUSH.jpg

Tiny native Daisy.
A YELLOW.jpg

They never cease to amaze me, so small but so perfect and intricate.
Another tiny one, they can be in big, no, small but good shows that can be missed over a good area if you dont look.
TINY WHITES2.jpg

This is a brush something or other, forgot its name. There are some in places bigger, several inches long, but this type where it grows only gets to 2 inches max. This one was just 2 inches long.
DSC00191.JPG

I just call these little guys fluffys 😆
FLUFFY.jpg

Another small, I call daisy!?
E YELLOW.jpg

Tiny tiny wax flower I think. Hey, Im no botanist, I just take pictures 😆
WAXY.jpg

Commonly we call these Dry Daisy. Not sure of the real name but you can collect them and they dry out and keep for ages.
Ants love them for some reason..
D YELLOW.jpg

lovely little orchid.
B YELLOW.jpg

And another of our tiny tiny orchids. Whole flower as big as your thumb end.
B ORCHID.jpg

And another tiny. Beard Orchid.
Love these, tiny but beautiful! Easily missed.
BEARD ORCHID.jpg

And another of our very small orchids.
A ORCHID.jpg

No idea what these are but, no prize for guessing, very small.
Many where I am are very small, the ground is harsh, highly mineralised, and typically very dry with minimal topsoil. They may not flower for a few yrs till we have a wet winter and spring. But they are there just waiting to put on a show for anyone knowing when and where to look for them.
LITTLE BLUES.jpg

No name but nice.
OTHER WHITES.jpg

I often have trouble as they are so small getting a focus so I now and then pick them and take them against some tree bark. It gets me a focus that way.
Some examples of why.
MAUVE.jpg

a6.jpg

BLUE.jpg

This is what we call a pepper plant. If you crush the flower it smells exactly like black pepper.
PEPPER.jpg

Three lovely yellows.
YELLOWS2.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

Honey Myrtle
HONEY3.jpg

Wax flower.
a5.jpg

Attachments

• PINKS.jpg
    PINKS.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 18
  • FLUFFY.jpg
    FLUFFY.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 18

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You have an amazing variety of wild flowers mate,here is one we have here in Massachusetts
RSCN4346.JPG

pretty close to yours.

MAUVE.jpg

I see you have a love of nature,NICE shots.Fishing starts for me tomorrow,71 F tomorrow,be interesting to see what I catch with my Nikon,as well as my hook.:laughing7:

GOD Bless America ONCE again

Chris

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
You have an amazing variety of wild flowers mate,here is one we have here in Massachusetts
View attachment 2016008

pretty close to yours.

View attachment 2016010

I see you have a love of nature,NICE shots.Fishing starts for me tomorrow,71 F tomorrow,be interesting to see what I catch with my Nikon,as well as my hook.:laughing7:

Chris
That is amazing the similarity! Very nice and thanks for sharing that.
Honestly, how close are these two together in looks.
Yes I love being out in nature. Before detecting I still liked it but fished and hunted. I never knew what was at my feet as I walked around. Detecting opened up a whole new world to me. Things I could find but also things I never saw before. Sadly, in recent years feral cats and dogs, along with foxes have absolutely decimated many of the areas I go as far as wildlife.
One place called Homebush, was alive with things in the 1990s. Lizards everywhere, small marsupials, low nesting birds. It was great. Now in just that time to now you can go there and in a full day see near zero lizards apart from the odd Goanna, even those you might see once out of a dozen times going there. Mostly its Echidnas which they can't kill and kangaroos.
Back then you saw them all. Its now like a bush Ghost Town animal wise.
Last time there when it was wet I saw huge feral cat prints and a few that amazed me how big they were, pushing big cats. Was a great Koala place, not seen any in the past few yrs. Its not climate change its feral animals that are destroying these places. Sad. Even today out with the misses in a range area we saw zero native animals, in the past we would have seen easy a dozen. 😒

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
View attachment 2016008

pretty close to yours.

View attachment 2016010

Chris
Good luck fishing there. Our season is supposed to start but we have algae in many places. Where I am our rivers run Inland north to just one major river the Murray. That river is our border between Victoria where I live and New South Wales. The Murray runs West towards South Australia and empties into the ocean there. Other rivers in Victoria, below the Dividing Range run south. Which is best, north or south is debatable. I think ours are best as we have Murray Cod which can grow to over 100lb. But, I like eating what I catch so dont target them. Reason is there is a crazy size limit which you may be lucky to catch a couple a year you can keep. They are amazing fish but I dont bother with them. The best baits for them are actually Cheese and Chicken bits. They are trains, that hit and run for cover. I reckon I had them hit and destroy me but I dont want them. Many fish for them to get photos but like I said I fish to eat. The things I fish for are smaller, trout, yellow belly and redfin, all which I love to catch and eat. Best trout 11lb, yellow about the same and best Reddy 5lb.
Friends fish for the Cod but I dont bother.
Good luck fishing mate 👍😀

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That is amazing the similarity! Very nice and thanks for sharing that.
Honestly, how close are these two together in looks.
Yes I love being out in nature. Before detecting I still liked it but fished and hunted. I never knew what was at my feet as I walked around. Detecting opened up a whole new world to me. Things I could find but also things I never saw before. Sadly, in recent years feral cats and dogs, along with foxes have absolutely decimated many of the areas I go as far as wildlife.
One place called Homebush, was alive with things in the 1990s. Lizards everywhere, small marsupials, low nesting birds. It was great. Now in just that time to now you can go there and in a full day see near zero lizards apart from the odd Goanna, even those you might see once out of a dozen times going there. Mostly its Echidnas which they can't kill and kangaroos.
Back then you saw them all. Its now like a bush Ghost Town animal wise.
Last time there when it was wet I saw huge feral cat prints and a few that amazed me how big they were, pushing big cats. Was a great Koala place, not seen any in the past few yrs. Its not climate change its feral animals that are destroying these places. Sad. Even today out with the misses in a range area we saw zero native animals, in the past we would have seen easy a dozen. 😒
I've watched videos of the feral cat problem you bloaks have over there.I used to talk to a fella over there in Adelaide back in the early 2000's when solar cycle 24 was peaking for skipwave,I've talked to Wayne for over 2 hours at a time,that is over 8000 miles from here on a 100 watts output into a four element home brew yagi on the flat side,cycle 25 is starting to gain to do that again.I always got tickled by the accent over there.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. Here are some of our small bush flowers where I live. Most are tiny and you could drive through some areas and think nothing is there. Some places you see some if you look. Many are ridiculously small though, and even so are beautiful to look at. These and others I'll show I took to show old folks in a nursing home I used to visit. I would put them on a USB stick and show them in the common room on a big screen TV. Used to love doing it but alas Covid stopped me visiting them. Anyway, I hope you enjoy seeing them.
These below don't come up often, just in good years with rains. Did not see these for a few yrs at this place but was a great show when they came up. By the way, is a good gold place, not rich but a place I love going to.
View attachment 2015468
A close up.
View attachment 2015469
These are a tiny vine. They often grow along the ground, sometimes up stems of other plants. This one was about 2 inches long. They can grow up the stems of things maybe 8 inches. But the flowers are tiny as you could imagine.
View attachment 2015470
These are ridiculously small. From standing all you see is white specks. But another beautiful native most dont see.
View attachment 2015471
I call these yellow pom poms, not sure of the real name. But they are wonderful. Maybe as big as the end of your thumb.
View attachment 2015472
Another I dont know its name, but the leaves remind me of holly. Small but nice.
View attachment 2015473
Tiny native Daisy.
View attachment 2015474
They never cease to amaze me, so small but so perfect and intricate.
Another tiny one, they can be in big, no, small but good shows that can be missed over a good area if you dont look.
View attachment 2015475
This is a brush something or other, forgot its name. There are some in places bigger, several inches long, but this type where it grows only gets to 2 inches max. This one was just 2 inches long.
View attachment 2015476
I just call these little guys fluffys 😆
View attachment 2015479
Another small, I call daisy!?
View attachment 2015480
Tiny tiny wax flower I think. Hey, Im no botanist, I just take pictures 😆
View attachment 2015481
Commonly we call these Dry Daisy. Not sure of the real name but you can collect them and they dry out and keep for ages.
Ants love them for some reason..
View attachment 2015482
lovely little orchid.
View attachment 2015483
And another of our tiny tiny orchids. Whole flower as big as your thumb end.
View attachment 2015484
And another tiny. Beard Orchid.
Love these, tiny but beautiful! Easily missed.
View attachment 2015485
And another of our very small orchids.
View attachment 2015486
No idea what these are but, no prize for guessing, very small.
Many where I am are very small, the ground is harsh, highly mineralised, and typically very dry with minimal topsoil. They may not flower for a few yrs till we have a wet winter and spring. But they are there just waiting to put on a show for anyone knowing when and where to look for them.
View attachment 2015487
No name but nice.
View attachment 2015488
I often have trouble as they are so small getting a focus so I now and then pick them and take them against some tree bark. It gets me a focus that way.
Some examples of why.
View attachment 2015489
View attachment 2015490
View attachment 2015491
This is what we call a pepper plant. If you crush the flower it smells exactly like black pepper.
View attachment 2015492
Three lovely yellows.
View attachment 2015493
View attachment 2015495
View attachment 2015494
Honey Myrtle
View attachment 2015496
Wax flower.
View attachment 2015497
Chilli very beautiful thanks again for sharing

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
Chilli very beautiful thanks again for sharing
All a bit scarce at present with it getting dry now. Picking some figs from old homesites and digging a few old garlic cloves up. Will be a few months till it all comes to life again. They are predicting a very dry autumn and winter so might not see much this season.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All a bit scarce at present with it getting dry now. Picking some figs from old homesites and digging a few old garlic cloves up. Will be a few months till it all comes to life again. They are predicting a very dry autumn and winter so might not see much this season.
Very pretty Chilli! I love those small flowers,it always seems funny to people who know me that I have such an affinity for pretty little flowers and such.I,m a big guy,6 feet 3,240lbs. or so. Thank you for those pics,I enjoyed them so! Good luck fishing!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2016008

pretty close to yours.

View attachment 2016010

Chris
Chris,we have those too. I won,t mow my yard until the blooms are gone every year.Nice pics.Thank you and good luck with your fishing.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got not one thing against dandelions,long may they reign!
The bees live ya for leaving them live.
I was wondering why we don't get many dandelions spreading.
Looked out a few years back and the bunny was going around and eating all the ones that had gone to seed.
Cool my own weed bunny.
Then again a weed is just a misplaced flower.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking flowers Chilli, I'll never forget the wildlife it was a highlight of the trip.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bees live ya for leaving them live.
I was wondering why we don't get many dandelions spreading.
Looked out a few years back and the bunny was going around and eating all the ones that had gone to seed.
Cool my own weed bunny.
Then again a weed is just a misplaced flower.
10-4 on the weeds! No such thing as a weed.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had some our manicured lawn friends over a few years back.
The Mrs said we should of got a plant or something for the deck.
Need to put a little airs on.
Hang on to that thought dear.
10 minutes later, a short drive down a couple of nearby roads.
Weeds arranged into a thing of beauty.
IMG_20170829_125559617.jpg

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
Had some our manicured lawn friends over a few years back.
The Mrs said we should of got a plant or something for the deck.
Need to put a little airs on.
Hang on to that thought dear.
10 minutes later, a short drive down a couple of nearby roads.
Weeds arranged into a thing of beauty.
View attachment 2016892
Dont look like weeds at all 👍
Very pretty Chilli! I love those small flowers,it always seems funny to people who know me that I have such an affinity for pretty little flowers and such.I,m a big guy,6 feet 3,240lbs. or so. Thank you for those pics,I enjoyed them so! Good luck fishing!
Yeah im around that size too. Im always amazed at the tiny things in the bush here. Though im not a fan of the stinging and biting ones 👎

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dont look like weeds at all 👍

Yeah im around that size too. Im always amazed at the tiny things in the bush here. Though im not a fan of the stinging and biting ones 👎
Have read the Gympie-gympie plant can mess a person up bad
We have the Stinging Nettles, Wild Parsnip, Hogweed, Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, Poison Sumac.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very pretty over there. I started seeing a few wild flowers here in western Colorado yesterday. It won't be long and they'll be so many more to enjoy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread