Some one triying to steal from the banks or machine mistake?

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems some one in my area is CRH and making the rolls with 19 half dollars and a penny or a quarter instead of a half dollar. I have found several rolls like these this year. They look like they have been machine rolled but I know some people out there have machines to do the job for them. Now today i have found more than 8 rolls like this but there was a surprise and I post a picture down:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I am starting to believe that these mistakes are made by a machine and not a human being. It is impossible that a hunter will not see the 3 silver coins on that roll (including one 64). Have you ever found rolls like this on your hunts? The really weird thing is that the others 8 rolls that I find like this all of them had silver on them this had never happened to me. The ones I found in the past like this one were all clad. Too bad the quarter and dimes on all the rolls were clad.

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to buy CWR of dimes and quarters, still do dimes occasionally , but I gave up on the quarters because people would stuff them with pennies, dimes, nickels, pesos, etc, anything they could junk to stuff 1 or 2 slots. Seems like risky business to me to turn in $100 quarters for a $5 profit or less. Lots of desperate people though with unemployment being what it has been for 43 straight months!

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as the rolls are still loaded with silver , who cares ! :p

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found a few 19 halves +1 penny rolls :(

I also found a jesus token made out of plastic...it was the right size and thickness but it was plastic!

Mapman3

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
I had 3 roll from a box that had a quarter in each roll instead of a half. All were mwr and none of the quarters were silver. 😠

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a box where ever single rolls was missing a half. Thats a $25 loss on a box!

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once paid $500 for a sealed Loomis box with only 48 rolls in it. In addition to that I have seen Pennies, Quarters, 10 Peso Mexican Coins, and even President Dollars in place of one of 20 Half Dollars. And then I've seen rolls as many as 3 coins short and the occasional 21 coin roll, all machine rolled.

I write all these losses off as a hidden albeit annoying cost of doing business.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread