Some recent finds

Lil Nick

Mar 6, 2008
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
This is my first post with any finds in it. I have been detecting for about 1 year now and I am loving it. Have not found much to brag about yet, haven't even found any silver coins but did finally find some wheat pennies this week. I had seen a house several blocks from where I live had been torn down so I stopped at the house next door and asked if I could detect around it. The owner said that the house was built in the late 1800's and his house was built in 1904. He gave me permission with the promise that if I found something valuable that we would split it. He also told me that other people had detected around there before the house was torn down. I found 3 wheat pennies (1st wheat pennies for me), and an old dog tag/license issue by the city where I live. Also found an old ink bottle that I think is from the late 1800's along with the usual junk. I showed him the things I had found and offered them to him if I could take pictures of them first. He told me that I could keep them and that I could come back. Have not made it back yet but I am planning to very soon.

I will try to post a picture of the dog tag.

Attachments

• 1904 dog tag.jpg
    1904 dog tag.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 320

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Welcome to the forum. Nice dog tag Lil Nick! 3 yrs before Okla. became a state... :thumbsup: Hope you go back and recheck the site. Those types of sites can be hit over and over and still pop out some goodies.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Congrats and welcome to TNET. Hey, we just finished with the Chisholm Trail Hunt #2 in Caldwell, KS in early Oct 08. Plan on going to the next one, ok? LOADS of fun, LOADS of friends to meet, and LOADS of just some good ol' BSng...ok?

I drove from Manassas, VA just for it.....that shows how much fun I expected......and had.....WOW

Mel

borninok

BJ in Okla.

Feb 26, 2004
Central OK.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ's
a smaller picture of the tag

Nice old dog tax. Keep on checking that area.
Did you find that in Duncan ?
HH...BJ

Attachments

• Duncan dog tag 2..jpg
    Duncan dog tag 2..jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 316
OP
OP
Lil Nick

Lil Nick

Mar 6, 2008
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Re: a smaller picture of the tag

Yes. I did find it in Duncan. I have lived here for about 45 years. There are several older places around here that I am still trying to check out. Are you near Duncan? If so let me know and we can get together sometime. I have never been out with someone else and would love to learn a few things from someone else.

BJ in Okla.

Feb 26, 2004
Central OK.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ's
I don't live in Duncan,

I don't live in Duncan, but I have hunted down there, I have a friend that lives down there and he would be glad to hunt with you...I live up south of Norman.
I will pm you Steve's email address.
BJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread