Some Tennessee flintk

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some Tennessee flint

I got to looking at some stuff from my collection i dont think i have shown. None of these are personal finds . The largest corner notch was a gift, i acquired the rest they are all tennessee finds. Just something to look at on a rainy day here. I hope everyone finds something killer on there next hunt.

Attachments

• 0705171716.jpg
    0705171716.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
  • 0705171726c.jpg
    0705171726c.jpg
    917.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Upvote 0

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pieces, love the color of them and hoping I'll find one in the creek or anywhere someday since I have found quite a few gray flint flakes. Thank you for sharing the pics of those beauties.

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of artifacts

OP
OP
T

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well sawmill man i didnt find any of those myself, but i cant complain about what i have been finding lately though.I bet you have found some good ones in those logging roads though, I have heard of some nice stuff found searching logged areas and roads.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So on the 1 do you think its a knife or a Jacks Reef Pen?

OP
OP
T

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had not thought of any of them being a jacks reef but i do see the one has a five sided look but i dont think its pronounced enough to be anything other than a knife

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are all beautiful pieces! I have a really nice two tone chert knife that was given to me by a friend and although I didn't find it, I really enjoy having it. I use it a lot for cutting hay string and feed bags. Far better than a modern day knife!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had not thought of any of them being a jacks reef but i do see the one has a five sided look but i dont think its pronounced enough to be anything other than a knife

Yep.... It's to large to be a jacks reef pentagonal. They are usually the size of a Guntersville or a large Hamilton. You have some purdy points i recognize some of that chert.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Agree with tnMountains. More likely a woodland knife. Classic material and types for the area. Nice collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread