Sometimes you work so hard......

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah sometimes I feel I work so hard for that one piece of silver.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479072332.359723.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479072349.936788.jpg

BUT I will take it. 1953D Rosie.
I also found this Referee's coin.
You can imagine my crap my pant moment when I flipped the plug and this shiny gold coin shimmered in the afternoon sun.

$7.50 in clad so not a bad weekend but the silver made it great.

Upvote 11

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! The fact that you found a referee's coin can only mean that it was lost during the coin toss at a football game and they were never able to determine which team won the coin toss!

OP
OP
neodetectorist

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! The fact that you found a referee's coin can only mean that it was lost during the coin toss at a football game and they were never able to determine which team won the coin toss!

hahahahahaha, maybe I should look for the Ref. I could hold a potential championship decision.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel your pain brother. My only silver coin from the last week's hunts was a '53 Rosie. However, I was really glad to see it!

Best of luck to you sir!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Rosie and that ref coin. :occasion14: There's nothing wrong with pulling clad either, you just never know what could be anywhere, unless you swing your coil over it. Clad has allowed me to upgrade, fund repairs/upgrade, buy additional coils and other hobby related gear. I always have high hopes with low expectations, dig one wheat as a minimum and I was not skunked, or even a nickel older than 1960.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread