SOOO CLOSE!

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
I am dorming at a math camp at NYU and i decided during a break to test the banks in NYC.

i was scared to go to the banks in the begninng of the week but i got over it.

I asked the lady if she had any "Large silver dollars" and she said that teh lady upstairs might have (it was a 2 level bank)

After the call, she told me that she gave them away yesterday... FML FML FML FML FML -

The teller had a roll of halves but that was a skunk, However, another lady had more halves and was coming back in 45 minutes ....

Dumped the roll of halves at TD bank and found a silver dime :) :)

Sorry im gittery i had coffeee

Upvote 0

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NYC is loaded with Silver! Some big volumer hunters are there, some from Tnet too

OP
OP
D1MES_101

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sitting in the bank now - the halves are in the big vault and have been therefor a while - soo excited

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bottle1.gif
Persistence D1MES_101.

OP
OP
D1MES_101

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
UPDATE:

the bank that said come back in 45 minutes turned out they didnt have. - they shipped em out...

Anyways, i found silver regardless

185$ in dimes
3 silver

TELLER TRAY:
1964 half dollar (FIRST SILVER HALF DOLLAR EVER)

10$ in loose halves
1968 40%

This is the first time i ever scored silver halves

everything here is a total of around .797 ounces :) :) :)

OP
OP
D1MES_101

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
THE OLD LADY HAS SILVER!

I was at the bank that gave me 10$ in loose halves and an old lady approached me and asked that if you can still cash in those halves because no one uses them. I said yes you can. She said she had a lot of those old looking half dollars. I asked her if she could bring them in to deposit so i can buy them and she said when she has time to do it :) :) hope she comes tomorrow :)

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE OLD LADY HAS SILVER!

I was at the bank that gave me 10$ in loose halves and an old lady approached me and asked that if you can still cash in those halves because no one uses them. I said yes you can. She said she had a lot of those old looking half dollars. I asked her if she could bring them in to deposit so i can buy them and she said when she has time to do it :) :) hope she comes tomorrow :)

Oh man you shouldve told her you like to collect and youd want to buy from her-

just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions