Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
I am on my vacation down here is South Beach. I opened up a TD Bank account to utilize Penny and order some dimes. I did some freestyling at some other banks near the hotel this morning.

Scored one silver dime. I was looking at the shiny rims in the teller tray at BofA, and she said they are all foriegn. I saw a few dimes with shiny edges, and she said if you are looking for silver, you aren't going to find any here. Well, I was holding a 1963 roosie from her tray in my hand when she said it. Handed her $22, I bought $21.50 loose halves and 5 dimes including the silver one.

Picked up $130 in rewrapped dump rolls at Wells Fargo, and $21.50 of loose clad at BofA. Chase had $200 in CWR, probably dumps, but who knows? The Wells Fargo orders boxes, but only gave me dumps. I am going to call them and see if I can score a box w/o an account. I plan to buy a box of dimes or two a day for the next few days. I will post the results!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr. Silver Stash

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
UPDATE:
Mon - Box 1 dimes= skunk
Tues - opened two dime boxes with my brother. I have been telling him to get in for months. I showed him the ropes & considering the results, he is probably due a welcome to the addiction soon.
Box 1 dimes - 3 roosies
Box 2 dimes - 1918 merc, 3 more roosies
Wed - Hit up a couple banks looking for halves. Found these three 40%'s. Picked up two dimes boxes.
View attachment 643431
Box 1 - 1 roosie
Box 2 - 3 roosies

Last edited:

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was in South Beach coins and banks would be the last thing I'd be hunting. Just sayin'.

OP
OP
Mr. Silver Stash

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
When you are walking right by a bank, it is almost impossible to resist. I stopped in two that way today, and they both handed me silver. Plus, I picked up some to show my brother (he was like - we are opening some coins today) and I hit 7 silvers in two boxes. I had to try the waters some more.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you are walking right by a bank, it is almost impossible to resist. I stopped in two that way today, and they both handed me silver. Plus, I picked up some to show my brother (he was like - we are opening some coins today) and I hit 7 silvers in two boxes. I had to try the waters some more.

I see that you are from the great state of Connecticut. Let me give you a helpful piece of advice. South beach is know for two things and ironically they both start with the letter "B". If that is not enough
of a hint, the first word starts with "B" and sounds like rear and the other word also starts with "B" and sounds similar to Newbies....:laughing7:

Last edited:

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty sure he doesn't mention anything about CRH... :laughing7:

Last edited:

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somethings in life are more important that silver dimes, especially when you're in South Beach. Just sayin'.....................

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
Stop giving him crap, it's his vacation. Do whatever you want on yours, heck, if you want to sit around the beach and get plastered (that's what I do on mine!) go for it, I'm not gonna say anything. He wants to roll search, let him.

Any time I'm on fresh turf, I search something... too good of an opportunity to let it go. Hope you hit a little jackpot!

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter where I go I try and hit up some banks for loose halves if I have the time. I say go for it and maybe you'll happen into some snowbird silver that got cashed in.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm vacationing in Maine come October. I definitely plan to do some CRHing, and some MDing!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop giving him crap, it's his vacation. Do whatever you want on yours, heck, if you want to sit around the beach and get plastered (that's what I do on mine!) go for it, I'm not gonna say anything. He wants to roll search, let him.

Any time I'm on fresh turf, I search something... too good of an opportunity to let it go. Hope you hit a little jackpot!

:laughing7: <<<<<< This is sarcasm for future reference.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I doubt there is anyone on this forum who can walk by a bank they have never been to and not go in to look for halves

OP
OP
Mr. Silver Stash

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
I stopped the dime search after those two boxes... $2 of silver per dime was not worth the time. But I did stop in a couple banks for loose halves. Who knows - I may have walked in to grampa's collection or some bank's stash of halves no one has ever picked up. So I went in a few banks today on the way to the Bayside Market in Miami. No more silver there. O well, I only used a couple hours CRHing and I have 1.5 oz to show, plus, I dont have to think about "what if..." & "the silver that got away...." for the rest of my summer.

I showed my brother the ropes while he came to visit with my new nephew - per his request. I also MD-ed a bunch of clad on the beach this morning. Treasure hunting is part of what I do for fun - we dont drink, we dont smoke or do drugs. I sat by the pool, on the beach, spend time with my wife, saw my new nephew, got alot of sun, and found some silver. Good Vacation! - I have 3 boxes of halves and 2 boxes of dime waiting for me at home! Life is good!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions