All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OH MY GOD. Do you have any clue how much you replying means to me?!. Sincerely. Would you ever be interested in going with me so i can pick your brain a bit too?. Im honestly blown away right now. You did not have to do take time out of your day to respond in the way that you did! Thank you so so much Sir!
You’re welcome. I tend to pull out all the stops sometimes. Also, been asked for tips so many times, it’s easy to rattle them off, and I enjoy writing, no biggie. Appreciate the invitation. I seldom hunt anymore, as my sites are essentially played out, and back problems preclude long drives presently.

Edit: drawn down artificial ponds are common in Winter, and they are usually great when drawn down….Since they are usually damned rivers, almost impossible not to find stuff at drawn down reservoirs….

OP
OP
jaybreezy58

jaybreezy58

Aug 19, 2021
south shore massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You’re welcome. I tend to pull out all the stops sometimes. Also, been asked for tips so many times, it’s easy to rattle them off, and I enjoy writing, no biggie. Appreciate the invitation. I seldom hunt anymore, as my sites are essentially played out, and back problems preclude long drives presently.

Edit: drawn down artificial ponds are common in Winter, and they are usually great when drawn down….Since they are usually damned rivers, almost impossible not to find stuff at drawn down reservoirs….
Drawn down artificial ponds??? Could you elaborate please?

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In my area, that would mainly be reservoirs created by hydro-electric dam construction. Many are 10's of thousands of acres and are taken advantage of for recreation & full time living. The lakes are drawn down, usually in winter, to allow residents to create and maintain docks, sea walls, boat ramps, etc... That exposes many, many acres of shoreline to look over.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, exactly what Tdog said. They are also drawn down to permit weed control. Many of our reservoirs bear lake or pond as part of their names, even though they’re created artificially by damning rivers. In the winter, if no snow cover, drawn down ponds will be among the best type of sites to hunt.

I’ve always preferred farm fields, but not easy finding good producing fields. In New England, they’ve been walked for many generations. This fact seems to be behind so many collectors in this region making a switch to shorelines. Hunting beaches. Now, I guess my wife and I did a knock it out the park job for a lot of years, lol, because I seldom get psyched to walk my beaches anymore, they too becoming way less productive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread