Sovereign gt

TnTyrant

Jan 13, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm ordering me a new gt and it will be coming with the s shaft and 10 in coil. I want to add a couple of the best coils to the package before they stop making them. What are the best brands and sizes to get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First if there's anyway possible buy a straight shaft not the S shaft. The balance is so much better. Secondly, no worries Coiltek is making several different sizes from small to 15" WOT for the GT. Also there are a fair share of used ones popping up daily on various forums and Fleabay. I had a 13"Ultimate and loved the lightweightness and depth. I would keep the 10" and have a 6" for trashy areas and a 15" wild orange thing for the wide open spaces! I'm trying a 12x8 Tresureseeker on the Etrac next week! http://www.coiltekmanufacturing.com.au/

Last edited:

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First if there's anyway possible buy a straight shaft not the S shaft. The balance is so much better. Secondly, no worries Coiltek is making several different sizes from small to 15" WOT for the GT. Also there are a fair share of used ones popping up daily on various forums and Fleabay. I had a 13"Ultimate and loved the lightweightness and depth. I would keep the 10" and have a 6" for trashy areas and a 15" wild orange thing for the wide open spaces! I'm trying a 12x8 Tresureseeker on the Etrac next week! Coiltek Manufacturing - Metal detector coils and accessories

I would second all that.........especially getting the straight shaft. Much better balanced. Hope you enjoy the GT....great detector! Learn the tones!!!! May want to get a 180 meter also at some point. A lot of GT users have them........

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you order it from?
I sold mine and want another.I had the straight shaft and really like how it handled.
Thanks

OP
OP
T

TnTyrant

Jan 13, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven't ordered it yet but fort Bedford detectors can get them there are only a few left that they brought here from Europe but they are s shaft models.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread