Spanish commander francisco Pizarro and Inca Gold

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post I love reading this stuff. I would love to seek these kinds of treasure someday!!!!!

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of those gentlemen...
Has anyone heard from Crow or any of the other “seekers of history” from the unholy trio lately? Are they currently/actively seeking out and/or working on something incredible at the moment and that’s why we haven’t heard a peep from them recently (not that we’ll ever hear about what it was they “may” have been looking for anyway!)?

Or have they decided to finally take a little time off, do a bit of traveling here & there, and otherwise (semi)retire to a secluded beach on some far away island somewhere while living off the spoils from their past adventures?

Either way, does anyone know if they’re ever planning on checking back in with those of us here on Tnet who’ve always enjoyed their stories anytime soon & sharing some new “yarns”??
How about the lovely Amy, for that matter?

-Justin

Hola amigo.

Do these people ever retire? I makes me wonder? Will you ever get the full story from them? I very much doubt? I think they operate in a way not to leave themselves open for incrimination.

Here is a story from one of my Filipino crew members. His late sisters Australian husband had remarried a Philippine nurse was instructed to buy on behalf of some mysterious foreigners a property in the mountains of Luzon.

I have heard through the grape vine that there was thousands of American pre WW2 Silver Pesos found and recovered in Luzon? Looted in WW2. About 2 or 3 months ago. These coins was sold in Manila to half Philippine Japaneses coin dealer. Who is marketing them as genuine WW2 looted treasure. Apparently a syndicate of foreigners was behind the sale. The coins originally was some of the first coins salvaged by Japaneses after the Americans in Corrigador dumped the coins in Manila bay. Just before japan surrendered some of these coins was buried near an old ruin. The Ruin still exists but was on private property. The alleged perpetrators of this discovery kept a very low profile making a deal. Out of the government prying eyes. Apparently a lot people made some money from the deal as it was well shared out between various parties. Even some of the locals. I believe just over a Million Dollars exchanged hands for the coins. Sorry guys not the billions of gold in usual Philippine treasure yarns. The foreigners took the money and ran selling a little bit under market value for a quick sale to give the buyer a good markup. Ironic as after WW2 the coins was virtually worthless as 17 million of them was eventually salvaged from Manila bay and most after being in the sea several years was in poor state. Most was melted down for new Philippine currency, These coins was in good condition. 70 years on today they can sell between 100 - 250 dollars per coin depending on quality.

Apparently the locals was forced to sign a non disclosure agreement in order stop any treasure hunting rush in the local area. Even so some people being people some locals have talked leaked out parts of the story. Apparently some wanted a share not directly involved creating the usual squabbles. Some locals have been flash with cash all of sudden. But even so the locals involved are not talking.

Who was behind the transaction?

I have my suspicions and I will leave it at that.

Mal

Last edited:

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Last edited:

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hola amigo.

Do these people ever retire? I makes me wonder? Will you ever get the full story from them? I very much doubt? I think they operate in a way not to leave themselves open for incrimination.

Here is a story from one of my Filipino crew members. His late sisters Australian husband had remarried a Philippine nurse was instructed to buy on behalf of some mysterious foreigners a property in the mountains of Luzon.

I have heard through the grape vine that there was thousands of American pre WW2 Silver Pesos found and recovered in Luzon? Looted in WW2. About 2 or 3 months ago. These coins was sold in Manila to half Philippine Japaneses coin dealer. Who is marketing them as genuine WW2 looted treasure. Apparently a syndicate of foreigners was behind the sale. The coins originally was some of the first coins salvaged by Japaneses after the Americans in Corrigador dumped the coins in Manila bay. Just before japan surrendered some of these coins was buried near an old ruin. The Ruin still exists but was on private property. The alleged perpetrators of this discovery kept a very low profile making a deal. Out of the government prying eyes. Apparently a lot people made some money from the deal as it was well shared out between various parties. Even some of the locals. I believe just over a Million Dollars exchanged hands for the coins. Sorry guys not the billions of gold in usual Philippine treasure yarns. The foreigners took the money and ran selling a little bit under market value for a quick sale to give the buyer a good markup. Ironic as after WW2 the coins was virtually worthless as 17 million of them was eventually salvaged from Manila bay and most after being in the sea several years was in poor state. Most was melted down for new Philippine currency, These coins was in good condition. 70 years on today they can sell between 100 - 250 dollars per coin depending on quality.

Apparently the locals was forced to sign a non disclosure agreement in order stop any treasure hunting rush in the local area. Even so some people being people some locals have talked leaked out parts of the story. Apparently some wanted a share not directly involved creating the usual squabbles. Some locals have been flash with cash all of sudden. But even so the locals involved are not talking.

Mal
Dont know nothing about it [emoji57]

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Speaking of those gentlemen...
Has anyone heard from Crow or any of the other “seekers of history” from the unholy trio lately? Are they currently/actively seeking out and/or working on something incredible at the moment and that’s why we haven’t heard a peep from them recently (not that we’ll ever hear about what it was they “may” have been looking for anyway!)?

Or have they decided to finally take a little time off, do a bit of traveling here & there, and otherwise (semi)retire to a secluded beach on some far away island somewhere while living off the spoils from their past adventures?

Either way, does anyone know if they’re ever planning on checking back in with those of us here on Tnet who’ve always enjoyed their stories anytime soon & sharing some new “yarns”??
How about the lovely Amy, for that matter?

-Justin
Alot of them have likely been tied up with their familys either direct or indirect.
I know they all still continue to look and research but i beleive they have their eyes fixed on something else. But all have their ears to the wind

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Hola amigo.

Mal

Hola Mal-
I appreciate the update regarding your “suspicions”!
It does kinda sound like something that they may/may not have be a part of but, then again, we’ll never actually know of course...and that’s the part that’s unfortunate.

For as much as I completely understand their need for anonymity (especially in this business), I’d still love to know even just a few of the “bullet points” regarding their “finds” during what has to be a lifetimes worth of incredible adventures & journeys (HIGHLY doubtful, of course), if for no other reason than curiosity. Then again, we all know what they say about curiosity, and I don’t know anyone who wants to end up being that poor cat!

I guess I just miss their yarns, that’s all. Hopefully they’ll be back around one day.
Thanks again.

All the best-
Justin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread