Spent Some Time On My Knees This Year....

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's My Kind of Post there. :thumbsup: You are hunting the Very Best sites for your area--and 2009 will be even better for you.

Perhaps 2009 will be my year to find a Capped Bust. Been 16 years now, and many spanish silvers. Now that you and ModernMiner are on the Capped Bust train, I'm feeling the pressure! :D That's a little honey of a coin you found. :)

Keep it up, my friend. The possibilities are endless for what comes to light next.

Regards,

Buckles

OP
OP
Ohio Jerry

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Captn_SE said:
Great presentation, Jerry!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats on a fantastic year. A lot of good coins and relics.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Thanks Dan,I'd love to see what you and Bryce could find at some of these old cellarhole sites with those deep silver finding SE's your swingin. What do ya think about that e-trac? I'm thinkin i'd like to have one and keep my DFX for a backup :thumbsup:

The Buzzard King said:
Wow Jerry, I guess I didn't realize that this was really your first year detectin'!
That's some pretty hardcore stuff there for the first year! Congrats!
I remember several of them well.
I too, gained SO MUCH knowledge from this site, that it made a major difference in my whole approach to detecting. And is a direct cause in me making most of my best finds in the last 2 years.
Hope you have continued success in 09, and beat all your own records!
Congrats on the Awesome year!
Thanks Buzzard King,I guess i was hooked right away after finding an untouched one room schoolhouse site and when i found the recess area dug 5 IH's and a Barber dime within 30 mins ;D
I must admit these finds represent A LOT of time in the woods but i loved every minute of it!

River Rat said:
Most excellent, Jerry :thumbsup: Yep, you are obsessed...we all are. ;D ;D Hopefully your goals for '09 are filled with many more buried treasures finds. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!!

:wink: RR
Yep,that makes me feel better River Rat LOL

Denver Nuggets said:
Jerry,
Great year for you.
Your displays are awesome.
Continued success in 09

DN
[size=14pt]Thanks DN,HH in 09!

John Deere Digger said:
Really amazing finds for your first year, mine are no where like that. Nice displays too. HH
JDD
Thanks John Deere Digger,can i borrow that backhoe? ;D

silverfreak said:
Beautiful display of great finds OJ :thumbsup:
Thanks Bryce,you putting together a year end post? I'd love to see all your silver and Indian Heads....i spoke too soon...wah lah...it's there!!!!! LOL

BuckleBoy said:
Now that's My Kind of Post there. :thumbsup: You are hunting the Very Best sites for your area--and 2009 will be even better for you.

Perhaps 2009 will be my year to find a Capped Bust. Been 16 years now, and many spanish silvers. Now that you and ModernMiner are on the Capped Bust train, I'm feeling the pressure! :D That's a little honey of a coin you found. :)

Keep it up, my friend. The possibilities are endless for what comes to light next.

Regards,

Buckles
[size=14pt]Thanks Will,I've sure learned a lot from you this past year bro. From the age of the finds you've been coming up with lately I have a feeling a capped bust is in your immediate future,maybe a draped bust!! Can't wait :thumbsup:

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
Jerry you are my kind of detectorist, you have quite the haul there. Man you have some great finds, and that half dime, wow. Best of luck in '09 my friend. JYD

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on a great year. You have plenty of time for your knees to recover during the winter for next season. I love that Capped Bust Half Dime too. :thumbsup:

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jerry, You're obsessed! :wink:

Wow..I'm so impressed. You obviously know how to research and find the old houses. You have a substantial amount of keepers for your first year of detecting. :icon_sunny:

Good luck in 2009! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ohio Jerry

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
JUNKYARD DOG said:
Jerry you are my kind of detectorist, you have quite the haul there. Man you have some great finds, and that half dime, wow. Best of luck in '09 my friend. JYD
Thanks JYD! I showed my wife your annual finds post and she said something like "jeez,he's as bad as you"...not sure thats a compliment ;D ;D

camb1 said:
WTG on a great year. You have plenty of time for your knees to recover during the winter for next season. I love that Capped Bust Half Dime too. :thumbsup:

Thanks Camb1,my knees are sure recovering in this kinda weather! Heres my backyard this afternoon. I'd need JDD's backhoe today
snowday.JPG

kimsdad said:
What a year, Jerry!! Congrats on all the great finds! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (Nice display cases, too!) :wink:
Thanks Kimsdad!!

Mona Lisa said:
Jerry, You're obsessed! :wink:

Wow..I'm so impressed. You obviously know how to research and find the old houses. You have a substantial amount of keepers for your first year of detecting. :icon_sunny:

Good luck in 2009! :thumbsup:
Thanks Lisa! I spent a lot of time in the woods for sure but I sure learned a lot from this forum and learned how to find those undetected,forgotten ol' cellarholes and schoolhouse sites that i've come to love so much. HH in 09!
Jerry

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Great first year of detecting Jerry.Research pays obviously.You kicked butt. :thumbsup:
Cheers to a great 09 for you.
HB

OP
OP
Ohio Jerry

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Hill Billy said:
Great first year of detecting Jerry.Research pays obviously.You kicked butt. :thumbsup:
Cheers to a great 09 for you.
HB
Thanks Hillbilly! I enjoy the research side of the hobby,that's half the fun! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread