St. Augustine Coin

favabeans

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, our family just got our new metal detectors and our FIRST find in our front yard was this silver coin. Well, we think it's a coin. It was very rusty and required some cleaning to get to this point. Is this some kind of Spanish coin? Our front yard is about .5 miles from the beach, on Anastasia Island. image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
F

favabeans

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To us it looks bigger than a nickel and smaller than a quarter and is thinner than both..

UPDATE.. it's magnetic so I guess it's not silver, but any help would be greatly appreciated! Is it just me or do I see the form of a sideways cross on the picture to the right, in the top half as it's oriented in that pic?

Last edited:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Welcome to the Oldest City and welcome to TNet. As a collector of Spanish colonial cobs and coin, I'm confident that your mind is seeing something that isn't there. Call it wishful thinking. Being magnetic eliminates any possible coin. It looks like an electrical panel knockout to me.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with Diver Down that if it has rust on it and it is magnetic, then it is highly likely that it is a Electrical Box knockout plug slug!

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

favabeans

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys.. I've been in SA for 14 years now, just my membership to TNet is new. We will keep on detecting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions