Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think those are magnetic stainless. Anyone know what their yards pay for that type of stainless. I have just been tossing it in with the tin pile.

WishfulThinker

Jan 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk to a distributor of metal products and find out who customers are.... you can probably work out getting some scrap from them or from scrap yard they sell to.
-- Way too expensive to buy as commodity item unless you have a paying project.
-- Scrap route is the way to go for larger pieces; just get your hands on the right type of equipment to properly cut, drill, bend and weld it.

Pipe flange, and tubing companies; heat exchangers; scientific and industrial business suppliers are a good source. Down here in Texas, the chemical and refining industries that are the major customers.

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WishfulThinker said:
Talk to a distributor of metal products and find out who customers are.... you can probably work out getting some scrap from them or from scrap yard they sell to.
-- Way too expensive to buy as commodity item unless you have a paying project.
-- Scrap route is the way to go for larger pieces; just get your hands on the right type of equipment to properly cut, drill, bend and weld it.

Pipe flange, and tubing companies; heat exchangers; scientific and industrial business suppliers are a good source. Down here in Texas, the chemical and refining industries that are the major customers.
Actually, I worded the original question wrong. What I actually meant was while I am scrapping what should I look out for that could be stainless steel so I could separate it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions