Star Notes and Consecutive seriel numbered crisp bills

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I've been to antique shows where star notes were the big seller, and also there is some coin show on TV that are selling them. The only thing I can think of is, because they are fairly rare. In the last 10 years, I've gotten 42 of them in change. I read on here somewhere that the value could be based in the serial number??

Bill

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
bsloan said:
I've been to antique shows where star notes were the big seller, and also there is some coin show on TV that are selling them. The only thing I can think of is, because they are fairly rare. In the last 10 years, I've gotten 42 of them in change. I read on here somewhere that the value could be based in the serial number??

Bill

This site should help you...I sell star notes occasionally on eBay but only make more than a few cents profit (and positive feedback ratings) if they are "rare". Sometimes they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them!!!

http://mycurrencycollection.com

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally think it's misinformation
that's feeding the frenzy.

but as long as someone is willing to overpay :coffee2:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Star notes form a collecting specialty. Value can range from near par to over $1,000 (retail). For example, a 1934 $50 Minneapolis star bill in Unc-63 is worth about $1,300 retail. The combination of rarity, condition and demand create these premium values. Slightly older, a 1928 Dallas star bill is retail valued at $8,000 in Unc. 63. Reviewing "Completed transaction" on Ebay is a way to get an idea of what the market is actually paying--but, of course, one sale does not constitute fair market value though it's an indicator.
Don.....
(Source: The Official Red Book: A Guide Book of US Paper Money)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread