Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We are having a strange warmish spell ending today so I decided to hit a cellar hole I tried to detect earlier this year but was choked with poison sumac (a nasty north american plant which causes itchy hives all over). I was having a 'happy to be alive' sort of day after just barely surviving the holidays so wanted to dig for a couple of hours before the cold front descends for next ten weeks or so..ugh.
Feeling mellow I just swung the machine slowly and deliberately with my little 6 inch round coil, got a deep '47' on my Legend and popped my first copper in over a year! Cool but thinking I had a largie I packed it in dirt to bring it home and clean under lab conditions...to my surprise it says 'Connect.' ...strange coin to find in a Virginia cellar hole but awesome!..a bucket lister for me, now I need the other 12 colonies :). Happy new year everyone keep rocking the detecting until you can't dig anymore and post lots of pics. Adios!

Attachments

• IMG_E3134.JPG
    IMG_E3134.JPG
    299.9 KB · Views: 54
  • cellar hole.JPG
    cellar hole.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 36
  • broken pontiled med.JPG
    broken pontiled med.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
  • lame foot shoe.JPG
    lame foot shoe.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 3 gallon crock lid.JPG
    3 gallon crock lid.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • trim hook fancy.JPG
    trim hook fancy.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
  • connecticut obverse.JPG
    connecticut obverse.JPG
    922.5 KB · Views: 35
  • reverse.JPG
    reverse.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Upvote 10

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice work!!!! Every Connecticut I’ve ever found has been just barely recognizable but I’ve watched all my buddies dig pristine examples. Also, I think you only need New Jersey, Massachusetts, Vermont, Virginia ( half penny) and the really tough to find New York. I think you’d be surprised how many you’ll find, I’ve found twice as many Massachusetts coppers than half dimes😂 !!! I dug 2 Massachusetts a jersey and a Vermont and three trimes before I ever dug a 2 cent piece, luck of the draw out there diggin’ sooo keep at it!!!

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a GREAT find ! :icon_thumright:

I was lucky enough to find a Connecticut Copper here in Ohio several years ago.
It's in pretty rough condition but I'll take it !

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool find, big congrats on filling the bucket!
Love the heart-bar horseshoe also, very cool!
A very ugly coin but beautiful to me. Thanks oldmxrat hoping I stub my toe on that bucket due to weight of finds when I finally do kick it..:)

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice work!!!! Every Connecticut I’ve ever found has been just barely recognizable but I’ve watched all my buddies dig pristine examples. Also, I think you only need New Jersey, Massachusetts, Vermont, Virginia ( half penny) and the really tough to find New York. I think you’d be surprised how many you’ll find, I’ve found twice as many Massachusetts coppers than half dimes😂 !!! I dug 2 Massachusetts a jersey and a Vermont and three trimes before I ever dug a 2 cent piece, luck of the draw out there diggin’ sooo keep at it!!!
tyvm you certainly have an impressive resume sir :) ...think I did find a Va halfpenny but totally wiped (size and weight matched) but heck yeah fun stuff

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on a GREAT find ! :icon_thumright:

I was lucky enough to find a Connecticut Copper here in Ohio several years ago.
It's in pretty rough condition but I'll take it !
congrats to you on that recovery! It is beautiful to me although its sooo roached, tyvm :)

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are having a strange warmish spell ending today so I decided to hit a cellar hole I tried to detect earlier this year but was choked with poison sumac (a nasty north american plant which causes itchy hives all over). I was having a 'happy to be alive' sort of day after just barely surviving the holidays so wanted to dig for a couple of hours before the cold front descends for next ten weeks or so..ugh.
Feeling mellow I just swung the machine slowly and deliberately with my little 6 inch round coil, got a deep '47' on my Legend and popped my first copper in over a year! Cool but thinking I had a largie I packed it in dirt to bring it home and clean under lab conditions...to my surprise it says 'Connect.' ...strange coin to find in a Virginia cellar hole but awesome!..a bucket lister for me, now I need the other 12 colonies :). Happy new year everyone keep rocking the detecting until you can't dig anymore and post lots of pics. Adios!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions