ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That black line may not necessarily be another CRHer's mark. Some banks, and even some retail establishments, require that a person's name and phone number/account number be written on the rolls before they will accept them. Sometimes this info is marked out after the rolls have been verified.

OP
OP
FrenchCreoleCoin

FrenchCreoleCoin

Jul 20, 2012
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good point! I'm hoping that's what it is, I'll go through the anyway for dates and errors but that scared me at first lol

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That black line may not necessarily be another CRHer's mark. Some banks, and even some retail establishments, require that a person's name and phone number/account number be written on the rolls before they will accept them. Sometimes this info is marked out after the rolls have been verified.

That's what I was thinking too. It looks like someone wrote on it with a pen before it was Sharpie'd or Crayola'd out, so this might be the case.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats right so still do that.

OP
OP
FrenchCreoleCoin

FrenchCreoleCoin

Jul 20, 2012
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After checking the wrappers a little closer that's what it was, but no luck anyway on the nickels. Thank for the input guys!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Where are you located? I've rerolled many that I mark lines on the nickels and the wrappers.

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you find the steel penny in a dime roll or are you also going through pennies? I found my third steel cent last week and none of mine have any rust :)

OP
OP
FrenchCreoleCoin

FrenchCreoleCoin

Jul 20, 2012
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
unclehuckelberry said:
Did you find the steel penny in a dime roll or are you also going through pennies? I found my third steel cent last week and none of mine have any rust :)

I found it in a dime roll oddly enough!

oposs

Jul 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
My humble little BH Tracker IV. Since I dig absolutely everything (electric lines running to my garage included) I don't feel the need to upgrade just yet. Doing my research first.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! My sister brought me a steel penny today, a few hours later I found a war nickel while searching a few forgotten rolls I had in my closet. I've found lots of dimes in penny rolls but never a penny in a dime roll! That's awesome!

OP
OP
FrenchCreoleCoin

FrenchCreoleCoin

Jul 20, 2012
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oposs said:
Great finds! My sister brought me a steel penny today, a few hours later I found a war nickel while searching a few forgotten rolls I had in my closet. I've found lots of dimes in penny rolls but never a penny in a dime roll! That's awesome!

Yeah that was a first for me! And it was my first steel penny! I've be causally looking for that since I was a kid! Finally

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice steelie- i've been at penny hunting for 4 years now, never found a 1943 cent. i've gotten tons of them from CRH related stuff, but never from a roll.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I've pulled a 1943 P and 1943 D probably EF no rust or little rust out of Brinks Rolls believe it or not

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm surprised anyone pulls steel cents from MWRs. I would think the hoppers they pour the coins into would have magnets. But then I do find foreign coins in MWRs, I'm just not sure off the top of my head if they are magnetic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread