Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Go-Find 20
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266-XB
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a last minute invite to go metal detect an old non existent town.

Had been there a couple of hours when the guy who invited me found a 1916 Mercury Dime. That gave us hope that we were on the right track.

It wasn't 20 minutes after the Mercury Dime showed up that I got a screaming 81-82 VDI and tone. So I began digging. I got 3 inches down and the signal jumped to a 86-87 VDI and tone. Not sure what I had dug, I began breaking clumps of dirt apart. Then it popped out of the clod of dirt. More shiny.

Well, anyone who knows me knows I thrive on shiny. To my surprise it was the very ring Ive always wanted to find. A vintage 1960's Boy Scout Ring in awesome condition. Needless to say Im still stoked!

Thanks for looking! Happy Hunting!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475193121.271890.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475193142.683389.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475193166.034885.jpg

Upvote 11
Nice find. Looks like it may have been a troop leaders ring.....

They sure look wonderful coming out of the ground! I found two in one lake this year and of course they are black. I love ground silver! Sweet find

Sure is in great shape. Looks like new. Great find.

:goldpan:That's a beauty alright. Sounds like a great place to hunt.

Beautiful ring find! :occasion14:

Gorgeous find! Congrats! -Lisa & John

Very cool ring - as a scoutmaster, I'm jealous! Congrats!

Very nice ring Silversmith. I have found a lot of Boy Scout items, but have yet to find one of those rings.

That one is one on my bucket list, would love to find a silver Boy Scout ring. About all I find is those neckerchiefs. Lol
Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back