Storm damage?

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Haven't been up in the Bradshaws since I got my new car . . . . The old car, a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM . . . I drove over the
Bradshaws, Prescott to Mayer . . . . it was a helluva ride! Here is a photo of it in front of Palace Station to prove it . . .
Palace-Station.jpg
***I would not recommend trying this unless you are a very patient driver though, because you won't have much car left when you get done if you are not!

My new car, I would not dream of taking up there . . .

Solstice.jpg

I guess I'll need to rent out a Jeep next time I want to hit the Bradshaws. On second thought, at the cost of gas and rental, I might be better off just going to the superstitions . . .

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been up in the Bradshaws since I got my new car . . . . The old car, a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM . . . I drove over the
Bradshaws, Prescott to Mayer . . . . it was a helluva ride! Here is a photo of it in front of Palace Station to prove it . . .
View attachment 732670
***I would not recommend trying this unless you are a very patient driver though, because you won't have much car left when you get done if you are not!

My new car, I would not dream of taking up there . . .

View attachment 732671

I guess I'll need to rent out a Jeep next time I want to hit the Bradshaws. On second thought, at the cost of gas and rental, I might be better off just going to the superstitions . . .

Nice looking ride.

About 25 years ago my son (!5 at the time) and I (First time in the Brads) rented a new chey camero and bahaed the roads. the ones to Crown King then the Mayer to Poland Junction. Back tracked to Black canyon. Just coming into Black canyon I saw in my rear view a great looking Avanti.

Got thru it with no damage except when I took it back to the car wash found out the tail lights were SOLID with dirt. Like you said what a ride. Never tried the Senator.

You ever been to the Poland Walker tunnel?
Have you detected that pipe line dig From Black canyon to Prescott?

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
No, I was going up to check out the area where the mines are around Palace Station. There are three mines that I know of in that area. I also went to the the Milk Creek area quite a bit, but never managed to find anything. Not familiar at all with that Poland Walker tunnel, or the pipe line dig.

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks s.c. nice job. First time I got interested in Gold I hired a guy from the Arizona hiking shack and they took us up there to learn panning etc. found some =Gold fever

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the entire range of the bradshaws, from lake pleasant, to prescott is a gold bearing area...think terraced gravels and hard rock mining.
prospecting around palace station will gain you an interview with smokie...

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked a few areas in the brads and all around prescott and pretty much half of the state on my prospecting trip with my wife. We had alot of fun but man was there a ton of prospectors out and about . I think I ran into more prospectors on this trip than I ever did before.

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are prospectors and there are want to be prospectors. Thanks to the T.V shows everyone thinks it's laying on the ground. Met plenty First thing they ask "Where's the Gold?" I usually just point:) It's a great hobby. You have to go way back in to lose them.

I use to take my wife but funny thing we use to clime One day we were up pretty high out side Tahoe and she instantly got acrophobia Pro's had to bring her down Can't stand on a step stool now????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions