ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Another nice day in the water. But in a way was a pretty strange day. Two, rings, 10K and sterling. Two quarters. 1928 standing and a Washington. Two dimes, A merc and a Rosey. Two nickles, both Jefferson? One could have been a buffalo. 6 wheat's and a king George. I think the key is an old handcuff key but not sure. Spoon says Great Lakes Hotel Supply Co. on the back. Haven't found a hot spot like I did last week. I am going to keep looking out there. Haven't even wanted to hit one of my regular spots yet. I will soon.

Upvote 12

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Once again, well done sir.

Congrats on all of the nice finds. I like the SLQ.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice assortment of finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

The rings are cool!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet doubles!

Nice gold & silver!

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that knife, and those collar studs. All in all, a pretty interesting haul. Congrats!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Another great outing! Amazing how much was lost and still out there.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What??????? a hunt withour green backs????? Say it ain't so Scuba. :dontknow: You certainly pull some good items when you swing the coil. :thumbsup: Are you still concentrating in the weed infested areas?

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
What??????? a hunt withour green backs????? Say it ain't so Scuba. :dontknow: You certainly pull some good items when you swing the coil. :thumbsup: Are you still concentrating in the weed infested areas?

Yes. Makes for a VERY tiring dive. I am very glad I have that 8" CZ. The shallower water has been pounded to death by waders. Only place there is no weeds. I have found a row of dock posts under the weeds but only one so far. The dock was H shaped so I am missing 5 more rows. As the pictures showed. This place is huge. However. I think I will not be able to get a lot of the treasures because under the weeds in some places the muck is well over a foot thick and it is like paste. Impossible to put my coil in. I have found buckles down deep and swim locker tags, however the coins and rings being smaller are probably out of reach at this time. I thought of a PI machine, but the nails in this area are way too abundant and that would never work.

Other idea I am trying is piling up the invasive species of weeds and trying to get the current to move the muck out of there. Get down to the sand and gravel. I am sure there was no muck there when all the swimmers were there. Now that it has been unused for over 50 years the muck has had time to settle. Only time will tell if my idea will work. However the spots I do find to play in are productive enough to keep me going back.

Thanks for the replies all. Going out this morning for at least one dive. Same place, same area. I am hoping to find another area off a dock where they jumped in or something. I enjoyed finding all that silver the one day. I am sure there are more areas like that somewhere out there.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Yes. Makes for a VERY tiring dive. I am very glad I have that 8" CZ. The shallower water has been pounded to death by waders. Only place there is no weeds. I have found a row of dock posts under the weeds but only one so far. The dock was H shaped so I am missing 5 more rows. As the pictures showed. This place is huge. However. I think I will not be able to get a lot of the treasures because under the weeds in some places the muck is well over a foot thick and it is like paste. Impossible to put my coil in. I have found buckles down deep and swim locker tags, however the coins and rings being smaller are probably out of reach at this time. I thought of a PI machine, but the nails in this area are way too abundant and that would never work.

Other idea I am trying is piling up the invasive species of weeds and trying to get the current to move the muck out of there. Get down to the sand and gravel. I am sure there was no muck there when all the swimmers were there. Now that it has been unused for over 50 years the muck has had time to settle. Only time will tell if my idea will work. However the spots I do find to play in are productive enough to keep me going back.

Thanks for the replies all. Going out this morning for at least one dive. Same place, same area. I am hoping to find another area off a dock where they jumped in or something. I enjoyed finding all that silver the one day. I am sure there are more areas like that somewhere out there.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations once again. Looking forward to the post of your next hot spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions