Suction hose

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know this has been discussed here before but hose availability sucks on the east coast. So my two options are buy the length I need of 5 inch hose from Keene at $17 a foot

Or buy kanaflex kana line SR in a 60 foot length for $13 a foot. With no shipping. Sucks cause no one seems to stock the 5 inch so I have to buy a whole 60 feet o it.

So is the Keene suction line comparable to worse then or better then the kanaline SR?

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check with industrial supply on ebay I got my dredge hose from them they had good prices and good product.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If those are you're only choices and you plan on sticking with that pump, I would just buy it from Keene and get the 15' hose instead of the 20' for added pressure.

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
where are you located? theres a place in Morganton off rt40 (not smokefoot) that stocks it, cant remember the name. you can see it from rt40, its an industrial hose place. he didn't have to buy the whole roll, they sold him 20ft

OP
OP
Mgumby16

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've talked with central state the 110cl won't work due to it being way to stiff. Has a horrible bend radius. And they don't stock kanaline SR so I'd have to buy at least 60 feet.

Basically what I'm finding from talking to many hose dealers is that no one stocks 5 inch that will work for dredging they all say it's an odd ball size.

Sucks my buddy can get 6 inch cheaper and easier then I can get 5 inch.

Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
Mgumby16

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've thought about that and I may be wrong but I don't think it would work. Unless I'd upgrade the motor to be able to run a 6 inch.

I believe the volume of water in the 6 inch line would be too large for the 5 inch Venturi to create sufficient suction.

If my thoughts are wrong please correct me.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanaflex 151 is the animal and MUCH cheaper than the rigid you quoted. Can you put your hands on the k junk for inspection as most is tissue paper thin, collapses, falls apart and punctures WAY too easily from any sharp rocks. Call ag suppliers, hose dealers exclusively, septic pumpers love it call and ask where they buy, do the extra work and profit considerable. You do NOT just change a motor to go from 5-6 as more than twice the water, jets,hoses,footvalves,box too small on/on/on. KISS RULE APPLIES-keep it simple and don't do anything stupid.Buy quality or pay twice...lots a luck-John

Last edited:

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kanaflex 151 is the animal and MUCH cheaper than the rigid you quoted. Can you put your hands on the k junk for inspection as most is tissue paper thin, collapses, falls apart and punctures WAY too easily from any sharp rocks. Call ag suppliers, hose dealers exclusively, septic pumpers love it call and ask where they buy, do the extra work and profit considerable. You do NOT just change a motor to go from 5-6 as more than twice the water, jets,hoses,footvalves,box too small on/on/on. KISS RULE APPLIES-keep it simple and don't do anything stupid.Buy quality or pay twice...lots a luck-John

What he said

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
try here on the east side

Tigerflex Hose, Kuriyama Tubing and Accessories - Plastixs.com

I posted this some time ago

Bill

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guy selling 5" hose on various craigslist's up the west coast New 5" Gold dredge suction hose
New 5" Gold dredge suction hose - $12 (Buena Park)
new 5" $12 per foot
Price is per foot under 20' or 20' for $220 or 60' for $550.
contact name: Mark
call: ☎ (310) 993-3911

OP
OP
Mgumby16

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have tried the blue water suction hose before in 5 inch and it is a no go way way to stiff double the bend radius of normal 5 inch dredge hose.

Ive found a place close to me that sells tigerflex wst series which has the same bend radius as normal dredge hose and cost about $13 a foot. I will be going to look at it early next week.

Thanks for the all info and advice!

As a side note for people looking for dredge hose tigerflex distributors can and will sell in 20 foot sections unlike kanaline distributors who will only sell in 60 or 100 foot sections. At least for hard to find 5 inch hose.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread