Summer hunt comes to an end with a good one!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out with Cerebus for what will likely be my last hunt of the Summer, unless he hits the extra hunt button because he usually gets the best of me, but not this time! :tongue3: We scouted some fields with not much to show for it, at least not for me, so ended the day at the first old site/field I had ever hunted. (1999) I dug some good buttons back then, so called it the magic button field. It was hit hard in those days, but not really for about a decade, so figured it was worth a short. Fortunately for us it lived up to the name as Cerebus hit an early military about 10 minutes in, and not 2 minutes later I dig this beautiful War of 1812 British 60th Regiment officer button. A great way to end a multi day hunt, and also a good way to bounce back as my last hunt my take was 4 plain buttons. Have to take the bad with the good, and today was the good!

Attachments

• 60thbutton.jpg
    60thbutton.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Upvote 29

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Top shelf button right there IP, congrats.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man than button is sharp, a real winner

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome button!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous button IP, never understand why the 1812 buttons don't command more attention/value. So many firsts for the US military. Well done

Quality pewters, and especially officer buttons from the more sought after regiments do not bad. Yeahs ago I remember a higher end officer button like a King's 8th getting about $500, and a good officer button anywhere from $200 to $400. Things dropped off a bit when the recession hit, but the current market seems not bad. Still nowhere close the to best Rev War or CW, but definitely still some good collectors out there. Given how hard they are to find, maybe a person would expect a little more.... but the rules are set based on everything in existence and our dug finds are applied to those rules. Sometimes it works in our favor, once in a while greatly, but most other times it doesn't because we lose a lot on condition.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG PATCH WHAT A NICE FIND.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread