Sure would like him to befriend me,he'd be WELL fed.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Sitting out back flipping peanuts to the critters this crow just flew right in and landed on a cooler within touching distance,I wanted to take a pic but stayed still till he hopped on the ground,so I tossed him a peanut,he hopped away and ate it.

K1024_DSCN8978.JPG

K1024_DSCN8979.JPG

When he was done he hopped BACK,so I tossed him a piece of pizza crust,he stayed right there and devoured it and flew away. Hope he comes back.

K1024_DSCN8988.JPG

K1024_DSCN8989.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if he thinks you are worthy of training he'll be back! :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Crow knows where to find you...
And will remember.

We had a pet crow in my youth. I believe they are better off on their own ...But it was quite young and ended up with us somehow.
Clever birds.

The pair that was around this spring were pretty quiet around the area the hung out at to lounge.
When the young get bigger , there'll be more mischief/ important crow business away from nests going on.

Your visitor not being reluctant to land on a cooler hints it's either brave,or experienced. Maybe both...
(A slippery surface to get much purchase on.)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He loves your kindness! :icon_thumleft:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
We are absolutely critter friendly up this holler.

Though lately it's been that big black bear knocking on (AND DESTROYING) our back storm door, tearing the siding off the back of our house, and just living in our back yard.

I have the capability to sent that fellow to heaven, but I can't do that with my personal belief system. He/She is beautiful, and maybe he/she belongs up here more than I do. I just don't kill critters.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
We are absolutely critter friendly up this holler.

Though lately it's been that big black bear knocking on (AND DESTROYING) our back storm door, tearing the siding off the back of our house, and just living in our back yard.

I have the capability to sent that fellow to heaven, but I can't do that with my personal belief system. He/She is beautiful, and maybe he/she belongs up here more than I do. I just don't kill critters.

The only thing I shoot critters with now is a camera. Good Morning Rodger.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The only thing I shoot critters with now is a camera. Good Morning Rodger.

Good to see you're still with us Chris. There will come a time when we are no longer here. Years from now, no one will ever recognize our names......

But I do pray that my children will remember what I've tried to show them with my life adventures.....

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see you're still with us Chris. There will come a time when we are no longer here. Years from now, no one will ever recognize our names......

But I do pray that my children will remember what I've tried to show them with my life adventures.....

That is exactly how I view life..an adventure.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That is exactly how I view life..an adventure.

Well my friend, the adventure continues, for whatever is meant to be.

My cats are crazy right now = me up and awake at this hour = 0601 AM.....

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well my friend, the adventure continues, for whatever is meant to be.

My cats are crazy right now = me up and awake at this hour = 0601 AM.....

I got up at 5:01. No cats just squirrels wanting peanuts,I open the back door and let them know it's CHOW TIME.:laughing9:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I got up at 5:01. No cats just squirrels wanting peanuts,I open the back door and let them know it's CHOW TIME.:laughing9:

I'd love to have some squirrels here.
What I have instead is that big black bear. I think I told the story in another thread where I sat out on my back porch and talked to the bear. I've a very bright flashlight, was shining it into the bear's face while talking to it. That big boy/gal could have killed me in just a few moments - but it didn't. Realistically, I was kinda stupid doing that, sitting there within 3 feet of it's jaws. I'll forever remember the look in its' eyes staring back at me. Life is a wonderful thing, and I just don't kill critters = bad juju bwana :)

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd love to have some squirrels here.
What I have instead is that big black bear. I think I told the story in another thread where I sat out on my back porch and talked to the bear. I've a very bright flashlight, was shining it into the bear's face while talking to it. That big boy/gal could have killed me in just a few moments - but it didn't. Realistically, I was kinda stupid doing that, sitting there within 3 feet of it's jaws. I'll forever remember the look in its' eyes staring back at me. Life is a wonderful thing, and I just don't kill critters = bad juju bwana :)

The night crew here.:laughing7:

K1024_DSCN8595.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread