Surprise From the Corn Field.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Of course I got off work and zipped straight across the road and into the corn field. Headed toward the spot I found the Shield Nickel. First good target was a 1900 Indian recovered from a dirt clod. Not five minutes and I am dancing!:hello2: Worked a few feet further and got a solid repeatable tone around a penny. Dug the flattened copper cent. Can't make out any detail and I like the patina so I'll leave it as is. Found the two piece button right on the surface. As much as I tried NOT to dig iron it's just everywhere. Some of the iron is pretty cool though so I am doing the farmer and me a favor by hauling it out. I decided to head over to south side slope and see if there were any targets over there. Of course there was. I dug me a SLING BLADE! :o:violent1: A few minutes later I start digging parts of an old oil lamp. Then a few feet away the ornate and mangled old brass skeleton key plate. Oh how I wish this piece wasn't torqued out of shape.

Sun went down and I headed home to clean up the goodies. Upon further inspection of the oil lamp I recognize a shield on the wick turn wheel. Get my Optivisor loop on and see some ingenious soul designed a wheel from an 1880 Indian head Cent! SWEET!:headbang: Had a great time and the weather right now is perfect. Just dry as heck still. Thanks for your support and go out and get something COOL! Kurios1

Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 003.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 001.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 004.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 005.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 006.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 007.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 009.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 011.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 019.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 013.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 016.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 017.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 018.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 014.JPG Kenny Hunt Indian On Lamp 010.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 43

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a cool hunt.
Some many interesting finds.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kurios...congrats on a great site, couldn't have happened to a greater guy...your passion for the hobby matches your excellent finds...keep posting! We like old iron too! Ddf

Call me crazy, but I enjoy digging the old iron. It's our heritage and what built this great nation. Farmer's with horses tilling the land. I only wish they weren't so darned poor and could have dropped some silver in this dirt!:BangHead::laughing9:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree 100% wick turner = wicked cool

For sure "M". As soon as I realized what I had recovered I had to phone my tecting buddy Joe Dirt. I was hysterical! The Indian Head Oil Lamp Wick Wheel find will long be one of my favorite recoveries. Surprise! Surprise!:o:occasion18::headbang:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE VEGTABLE FIELD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread