Surprise in sons change

chinman

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Surprise in son's change

I got skunked on $100 in qtrs, a box of nickels and box of dimes, however, my son bought some collecting supplies and got a 1960 dime back in change :)

I also had a teller say she'd call me if she got anything in, at which point I produced a "coin hunting" business card from Vista Print, which she thought was cool and she put in her space. She said the guy they used to always call said he was done, so maybe this will lead to something.

Upvote 0

mfleming98

Greenie
Jan 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Surprise in son's change

That is a great idea! Could we see a pic of that business card by chance? Important info blacked out of course :)

OP
OP
chinman

chinman

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Sure

Attachments

• 2012-02-18_19-15-38_512.jpg
    2012-02-18_19-15-38_512.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 577

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would just suggestion not saying "silver dollars" since you don't want tellers to be thinking about the "S" word. How about "Large $1 coins" ? Don't educate the tellers into becoming your competition!

OP
OP
chinman

chinman

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

The 517 area code area :) Just kidding, Ann Arbor southward to Toledo areas.

Too late to change the cards now, they were my $250 "Free" from vistaprint. With shipping was <$10.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

chinman said:
The 517 area code area :) Just kidding, Ann Arbor southward to Toledo areas.

Too late to change the cards now, they were my $250 "Free" from vistaprint. With shipping was <$10.

Of course, that is a basic area and no one can find you based on it. Similarily, my location tag of Maryland is very general and not harmful either.

OP
OP
chinman

chinman

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

And if they find me, there are two black belts in this house (self included) several "protection devices" and a very large dog, and a very small one :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread