Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So a student of mine is looking into getting a detector and trying to decide between an Ace 350 and an AT Pro. My spare detector is a 250 so he and his parents met me today at a playground at the elementary school down the road from the high school where I work and I let him mess around with it for a couple of hours. I wandered over to an area behind the backstop of a ballfield where I found a junk ring last year and got a good, solid quarter signal (12-46/47 on the Etrac). I ended up seeing the outline of the ring about 8" down and called him over to take a look. When I first pulled it I saw the sterling stamp and stuck it in my pouch without thinking too much more about it. After we parted ways I stopped for lunch and pulled the ring out to get a better look at it. Turns out it's also 10k gold filled... pretty sure it's a wedding band. The pattern on it is ugly enough I have to wonder if somebody lost it on purpose, but it's a neat find nonetheless. I'll see if I can track down an owner but it was deep enough I have to figure it's been down there awhile.

Any thoughts on the maker's mark? It's either an SW or a WS.

Attachments

• CAM00113.jpg
    CAM00113.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 3

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey a silver ring is always nice to find! Good job on teaching the next generation about metal detecting!

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JD Schlang makers mark. Probably vintage. Sterling silver with 10k gold fill. Very nice ring! Well done!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very unique ring, with results like that maybe you should teach the hobby more often!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring save and a great story also :occasion14: on :metaldetector::treasurechest:

I-DIG-IT

Silver Member
Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. I think the ring and pattern is nice looking.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bling

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
What about the students? Did they find anything?

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What about the students? Did they find anything?

Well, he did about as well as expected for a first-timer using a 250...lol. We started out on the wood chips doing the usual "here's a signal I found, come see what your machine says it is" thing. He was happy with a couple of bucks in change and it sounds like he's pretty much set his mind on an AT Pro. It's interesting...he's been watching MD videos on youtube for over a year trying to save up to get one and I can actually have a legitimate conversation with him about detecting and he usually knows what I'm talking about. It sounds like he'll be getting his detector sometime this month.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread