SUV broke down today

Sam moser

Jan 13, 2022
It’s always something they say,,Went to get gas and the serpentine belt broke.Just turned 39000 miles
Called the towing service and it’s on it’s way for repairs
That's low miles for belt to go bad. If there's something defective on the pullies it could cause another failure. I would keep a watch on it for a while to be safe.

I've had a couple of v belts break but never a serpentine belt.

Worst break down I have had was when an oil filter can apart and pluged the oil passages. Had to replace the engine. The maker of the oil filter paid the expense.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's low miles for belt to go bad. If there's something defective on the pullies it could cause another failure. I would keep a watch on it for a while to be safe.

I've had a couple of v belts break but never a serpentine belt.

Worst break down I have had was when an oil filter can apart and pluged the oil passages. Had to replace the engine. The maker of the oil filter paid the expense.
Thanks Sam I’m going to schedule a oil change in the near future and ask them to check them
I had the car loaded with presents and thankfully it broke down close to home instead out in the hills

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry my friend. Sometimes it seems if not for bad luck, we would have no luck at all.
Never thought it would happen with such low mileage.We have two Honda’s and they are the best cars we ever had
Don’t know if a critter ruined it as it’s always in the garage and hardly driven or perhaps a pulley problem etc

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never thought it would happen with such low mileage.We have two Honda’s and they are the best cars we ever had
Don’t know if a critter ruined it as it’s always in the garage and hardly driven or perhaps a pulley problem etc
It happens. I had Toyotas for years. Put 400,000 on a 4 runner and 300,000 on a FJ ande no problems. I have experienced several issues with this tacoma. Go figure. Hope it does not cost you much.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happens. I had Toyotas for years. Put 400,000 on a 4 runner and 300,000 on a FJ ande no problems. I have experienced several issues with this tacoma. Go figure. Hope it does not cost you much.
Wow..that 4 runner is the best,,I’ve read that Toyota’s are still ranked high in quality these days.
I think I will jump ship and get one
Thanks

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow..that 4 runner is the best,,I’ve read that Toyota’s are still ranked high in quality these days.
I think I will jump ship and get one
Thanks
Two of them was great. If I get another one it likely will be a Toyota. But I will wait and see. I still got another 250,000 miles to put on this one. :hello2::hello2:

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two of them was great. If I get another one it likely will be a Toyota. But I will wait and see. I still got another 250,000 miles to put on this one. :hello2::hello2:
I was driving over 100 miles a day for nearly 25 years ..I should have contacted car manufacturers and ask if I could rate their quality

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread