Sweet Rosie Score..1 Mercury.. Same ol Skunky Halves.. And a reject quarter from a TD

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week was pretty good.. All together I pulled 27 keepers.. My dime numbers finally came back up and I am hoping that it stays this way for awhile.. As always, the skunky halves continued but I did pull one 67 in the last box.. The best surprise came to me today when I scored a 64 washington from the reject tube at a TD.. Like normal the teller pulled out the machine to change the dime bag and pulled the rejects from the tube that never made it down to the tray. The second she put them in her hand I could here the silver jingle... I was very happy because this is only the second quarter I have found in the wild.. Either way, here is the total.. Happy Hunting everyone and have an Ag filled Holiday..

23-Rosies
1-merc
1-80% canadian

1-67 Half
1-64 Washington

Attachments

• nicenumbers.jpg
    nicenumbers.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
Upvote 0

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Nice little pile there! How do you get them to give you the rejects? I've never asked about them.

HH

OP
OP
AdDicted2Ag

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little pile there! How do you get them to give you the rejects? I've never asked about them.

HH

I just always make sure that they know I am watching what they do. Normally the tellers assume that the coins came from my container.. If they don't than I simply ask "can I have my rejected coins please?" Weirdly enough I am normally handed ChuckeCheese tokens.. Sometimes a silver rosie, but today was much better..

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always stick my hand up into the tube before dumping, and then immediately upon the machine saying the bag is full.

My hand hardly fits, and I usually struggle to pull it back out and it comes out with a few minor cuts though. Worth it for the potential free silver.

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know why they made the reject tube horizontal but it keeps others coins from making it into the reject tray. Whenever I fill up a bag I position myself so that I can get to the reject tube when the teller opens the Penny Arcade door. I've never been told I can't take the coins from it. Even when I don't fill any bags I'll ask the tellers if they can open the door so I can check the tube and I've never been told no.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job there this week ADdicted! I like the pile of dimes, you guys keep making me want to start throwing some Dimes into the mix of my searching. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
AdDicted2Ag

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job there this week ADdicted! I like the pile of dimes, you guys keep making me want to start throwing some Dimes into the mix of my searching. HH, Maverick.

You should definitely do it mav... I know your funds are already tied up, but even if you have one day off from your halves before you pick up, just grab two or three boxes of dimes and dump them on the way to pick up your first order.. Not sure how your system is set up so it might be tough for ya.. If I am ever itchin for a little more searchin.. I will grab a couple extra boxes on monday because my orders don't start coming in until wednesday.. The good thing about dimes, is you can normally get a random box from a branch even if you don't order them.. Obviously this is not the case with halves..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread