T.H. Knight, The Palms, 12 1/2 token.......info??

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was found north of Tyler, TX (close to Lindale) and I have had no luck finding one like it on any of the token databases that I have searched. I would deeply appreciate any info or references that someone may have. It is about 1/16" larger in diameter than a nickel and roughly 2/3 as thick. Thank you.......

Stay safe,

token1.jpg token2.jpg

Last edited:

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
T. H. Knight is listed in the 1904 Dallas, TX City Directory classified section as having a saloon at 350 Main. In the alpha listing he is shown as Thomas H. Knight. The 1905 City Directory shows his saloon at 316 Main, and he is not in the 1903 directory. So that pretty well dates this one.

Would you be willing to post this one to tokencatalog.com for a permanent record? I could do it with your permission or you can do it yourself.

John in the Great 208

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
T. H. Knight is listed in the 1904 Dallas, TX City Directory classified section as having a saloon at 350 Main. In the alpha listing he is shown as Thomas H. Knight. The 1905 City Directory shows his saloon at 316 Main, and he is not in the 1903 directory. So that pretty well dates this one.

Would you be willing to post this one to tokencatalog.com for a permanent record? I could do it with your permission or you can do it yourself.

John in the Great 208

Hey John,
Thank you very much for the information! The token remains in great shape for having been around since 1904! The pictures were taken after simply rinsing with cold water, no cleaning done to it. I can't imagine how you were able to come up with the details, but, I am most appreciative. I have sent you a private message with more details and, yes, you may put the pics in the token database with it being my pleasure to share them with everyone.
Thank you, again!!

Stay safe,
Roland

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a little more interesting info on the token.......
350 Main Street is now the Dealey Plaza Memorial, right across from the book depository from which JFK was shot! I just looked at the street view on Google Earth out of curiosity.....what a surprise!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread