Taking a Break... For now

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
CRHing has been fun for the past 6 months, but it has not been very rewarding financially. Fortunately I look at this as a hobby, but again this week, I got my one box and it was repacked by the coin supplier. I told my bank I am going on a hiatus. I'm going to try to open a new account as a local bank down the road from me if they will order coins. If so, I am going to turn the old bank into a dump bank. Wish me luck!

In the meantime, I'll still be checking in and being jealous of all your finds. I'll also keep doing the occasional nickels pennies and dimes. I do really enjoy this, but if I wanted to just go pick something up and drop it off someplace else, I'd just have more kids. (-: I don't mind skunks (i do actually but I can live with them). I just need to find someone that actually processes the coins before delivering the sealed boxes to the bank. Good luck all and HH!

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear that Hokiemojo, I'll wish you luck, hope that new bank does better for you! I know your situation is discouraging, especially looking foward to that box and repeatedly getting repacks of dumps. Keep us informed of the new new pick up bank. I hope it works out for you! Maverick.

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
I echo Mav's post.

I am sorry to hear of your hiatus also. One thing that I have learned about this hobby is it has it's ups and downs. It's easy to take a 101-keeper day like the one I had recently, but I have to keep positive when I go a good while between keepers. It's all about perception. I'm thankful for every half dollar that graces my presence, keeper or not.

Take a deep breath. Try to find some new sources. If you have to take a day and plan a Bank run in search of CWR's, do it. If you have to find a new source to find Bank-rolled boxes, do it. Just keep the faith and the silver will find you.

Hang in there!
TGB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions