Taking a break from the yard

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Spring just came to early this year. I usually don’t have to mow and trim tree’s for another 2 months. I’m sure any member that has been on here for 5 years or longer will remember this frame I’m posting. It’s from the field of colors. Not sure if I have found anything new since I posted it last. I’m hoping the rain won’t ruin the planting season like it’s done the last 2 years. If they turn it this year I’m hoping to add some to the frame. They also are leasing the fields to hunters so I don’t get but a few months to look nowadays.
NW Georgia PFs
Back to the yard now.

Attachments

• A7422366-61EE-4BBD-94F8-4805DCEB42AD.jpeg
    A7422366-61EE-4BBD-94F8-4805DCEB42AD.jpeg
    805.8 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 8
OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
The 2 blades I found together I’m hoping to find more of them. Not sure how many would be in Cashe. Any ideas?

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
do you ever get that itch.... I just gotta get out there!
When I was a kid I would go often with my grandfather and some of his friends and find them. When I was a teenager I started getting permission and finding sites on my own and was lucky alot. Same thing in my 20's and early to mid 30's finding new areas and also digging (found my best doing that). Now it's hard to find areas that are plowed ( thanks no-till) and getting hard with obtaining permission sometimes. Within the past 5 years I've lost permission to 3/4 of my major sites due to being sold to either land developers or new owners not allowing any to hunt on the land anymore. Even though I don't go that much anymore, the itch never goes away.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have an uninhabited 7 mile stretch of beach that I have hunted for over 60 years, I know every corner, tree stump and bay. It isn't just where to look, it is knowing WHERE to look...
I have often wondered what the coast of BC or Alaska must be like to hunt.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I have an uninhabited 7 mile stretch of beach that I have hunted for over 60 years, I know every corner, tree stump and bay. It isn't just where to look, it is knowing WHERE to look...
I have often wondered what the coast of BC or Alaska must be like to hunt.
And what state are you in? Sounds like paradise

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
the hell you say, It hit 12 here once 40 years ago, but rarely even in the 20's

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
the hell you say, It hit 12 here once 40 years ago, but rarely even in the 20's
We’ve had some negative temperatures before. I remember once a friend and I hunted a creek at -5 degrees. I will never do that again. I bought me some of those hand warmers for the next trip that’s cold.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
here on the coast we have what we call "Juneuary"... we usually get a week in January where when the sun shining, you can walk the beach in a tee-shirt. It is pretty common to wear the same everyday outfit in January or June.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread