TEJON OR CZ-3D

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
We need more info. Like where are you located? What are you hunting for? Is TID important? Do you have experience? Budget?

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
I don't need any more information because I am going to tell you that the Tejon is one of the best detectors on the market.

I have been using detectors for 35 years and have had a bunch of different detectors. My main detector for the last ten years has been the Minelab Explorer.

Last year my Explorer stopped working just when I found a great civil war site. I couldn't afford a new Minelab so after doing some research decided on the Tejon. I used the Tejon all last Spring (2006) at my site and found a bunch of relics. Late last year I then bought a Minelab Explorer II and took that machine to my field and found almost nothing. The Tejon had found just about everything.

This year I am still using the Tejon and it has been great. I am still returning to the field and still finding relics. I have been finding minnies in excess of ten inches. The Tejon is also very sensitive on buckshot. My Tejon can detect buckshot and a friend who I hunt with who uses a White's Eagle can not even detect the target.

The dual discriminators work fine and work hand in hand. I think I like the dual discriminators over a meter. Meters are nice but not necessary. I usually set one discriminator on iron and the second on pulltabs. When I get a target and switch to the second discriminator, if the signal is still there then I did it. Sometimes it is a rusty bit of junk, but usually it is a good target.

The machine is very light and great on batteries. Pinpointing is dead on right under the center of the searchcoil.

For the money the Tejon is the way to go. I can guarantee that much.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normally I too would need more info, but between these two, there is no comparison.
I am going to tell you that the Tejon is one of the best detectors on the market.
Since the Tejon is made by Tesoro, it still has a Lifetime Warranty, where the Fisher doesn't an you might need it in my opinion. :'(

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Sandman said:
Normally I too would need more info, but between these two, there is no comparison.
I am going to tell you that the Tejon is one of the best detectors on the market.
Since the Tejon is made by Tesoro, it still has a Lifetime Warranty, where the Fisher doesn't an you might need it in my opinion. :'(

my sentiments exactly. go with the tesoro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread