Thank you for your time...!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a yard sale junkie for the last three years. I have posted a lot of stuff I have found on here and have gotten a lot of questions solved that I have had in the past as well. Have complained about my financial problems and ask questions that probably I have not needed to on here but did anyways. It's been a year and a half since I left my job. And have always been able to make ends meet but never really been successful enough that I feel comfortable about my situation.

But I'm very passionate about what I do and I love working with people especially one on one. Within the last month I have decided to team up with a jeweler friend and go in with him on what he does. Basically buying and reselling but mainly jewelry, coins and antiques. I just got my secondhand dealers license this past Thursday, got everything registered and have a lot of visits scheduled this next week coming.

What's the point of this thread:

I probably won't be posting a lot of my finds from here on out because I'm working with someone else. I hope to chime in as much as possible on some other listings or threads when possible. But more than anything, I just want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me in the past with the stuff I have listed or had questions about. I'm sure there will be more to come and I still have a whole lot to learn. But honestly for the veterans and everyone else on here, A lot of your advice is more helpful than you really know! And I, we, appreciate you all!

MAV1

Jul 18, 2010
Quantico, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Good luck on your new venture. You are certainly the jewelry man after watching your posts over the years.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck!! Congrats on taking the chance.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PM me as to your location, and when business presents itself, I'd work with you.. good luck to you and your family

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always ranked you as one of the best there beachkid.Gods speed to ya and good luck. :headbang:

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks of all your posts BK and much success in your new venture. I would say you will be missed but I don't think you will be able to stay away. :)

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the kind words. There is no way I can stay away from the site. Still way too much to learn! I just have to be really selective on when I put up here though that's all. At least until it clears the whole time anyways. But I'm only going to try to post items that I need help with I don't want people to think that I'm bragging or showing off any more.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the kind words. There is no way I can stay away from the site. Still way too much to learn! I just have to be really selective on when I put up here though that's all. At least until it clears the whole time anyways. But I'm only going to try to post items that I need help with I don't want people to think that I'm bragging or showing off any more.
I was going to reply... "You aren't going anywhere!" Then I read this last post.

Anyone that thinks you're bragging or showing off is just mad that they can't do the same. Jealousy in other words. At least you contribute and help keep the forum active. Not like some of the others (and non member worthless lurkers) around here. Many just take the info. they read on here and run with it. I wish this were a private forum myself, only viewable to members.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the license! You are going to do awesome, because you have an incredible eye. I would love to see your great finds, but I also understand that you can't keep posting.
I'm proud of you for always having your eye on the future.

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
We all know you can't stay away, I think you tried that once before [emoji106] Congrats on the new gig!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been here long enough to get to know you or see your finds over the years, but I have the greatest respect for those like you who have the "hunter/gatherer" mentality and will do what it takes to put food on the table................
Good fortune to you and all your ventures...............

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best wishes for you BK in your new journey! You definitely know your jewelry!!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope you make a killing. You already seem to do quite well for yourself.

Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread