The AT PRO Did not Find This Handful of Silver.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Went out scouting today and stumbled on a newer site. Here's the video:

Started digging nickels fairly frequently in a concentrated area like a pocket spill scattered by the plow. Pretty soon I had recovered 4 wheats and 6 nickels. One of the nickels was a V, and two were silver "war nickels." Also picked up two tokens that were the same size and thickness. One turned out to be an illegible plantation token which once said "Good For." Such a shame when they are eaten up by the decades underground. Anyhow, the other mystery coin turned out to be a 1937 Costa Rican 25 Centimos coin. That's a new one for the books! Below is the dug coin, with non-dug photos below it. This is a copper nickel coin and read very low on the F75.

HPIM5263.JPG HPIM5264.JPG

600px-Costa_Rica_1937_25_centimos_obv_DSLR.jpg 600px-Costa_Rica_1937_25_centimos_rev_DSLR.jpg

I stuck around for a while, having dug so many coins in close succession, angling for a Franklin Half, worn Standing Quarter, or similar. I did get a quarter, but it was a Washington:

quarter in plug.JPG

HPIM5255.JPG HPIM5256.JPG

Here are the photos of the silver nickels, V nickel, plantation token, and a silver Catholic "Miraculous medal" that was nearby:

HPIM5260.JPG HPIM5261.JPG HPIM5262.JPG

HPIM5257.JPG HPIM5265.JPG

For a while I stuck around, but then got a little frustrated at the lack of old finds. So I went to a site where we had been earlier in the year with some success. Immediately I started getting some good signals. Sun was setting, but after several failed "live digs" on the video, which of course were jinxed by being filmed, I popped out a silver dime (which I of course missed digging live!). It was an 1857 Seated, minted exactly 100 years before the Quarter was.

HPIM5258.JPG HPIM5259.JPG

She's beaten up, but I'll take her. Now that's what I'm after! I'll be back to that site soon to see what I can scare out of the ground with the F75. :laughing7:

Cheers,

Buck

Upvote 24
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt, lots of goodies! Congratulations.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just imagine all the silvers you WOULD have found if you had been using the ATPro...such a shame...such a shame...

Yeah, my only hunt trying out an ATPro, the silver coins were so intimidated by that machine that they all hid deeper in the ground and I didn't dig a single one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions