The cure for the half dollar skunk blues...

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
News flash: half dollar boxes have been lame..... got one 40 in my last 12 boxes. Went to pick up another box Friday night after work... vault teller went home early - no box. Picked up 300 dollars in CRW dimes....

2012-12-14_06-32-51_938a.jpg

2 nice 43 mercs, 49, 61, and 3 64's.... 0.5064 troy ounces total. Nice to actually find something, without the "half dollar drama".... lol. May switch it up for a while and focus on dimes. Just gotta quit dreaming about half dollar dream boxes (Maverick style) and focus on finding silver.... 0.0723 troy ounces at a time....

HH...!

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
lmao, Hey Rush, nice score there on the Dimes! I gotta keep Dreaming, thats what keeps me going, Lame is definetly the word for the Half boxes for sure, all mine this past week were skunks. Dreaming of the coming week though, lol. Good luck this week! HH, Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, pretty Granite tops you have there too! HH, Maverick.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking of starting dimes with the Ryedale once I get mine back from Andy. He added an auto shut-off device and 12 volt speed control. It used to jam up a lot with dimes (even with the dime feed wheel) but maybe now it will work better.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been medicating with 14 boxes of dimes weekly, but still my half dollar depression continues..:dontknow: The doctor recommended 20 boxes of dimes a week, but warned me that I then might need to begin medicating my back pain with two dollar bills because they are lighter..

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in total skunktown for halves, havent gotten a single one yet since I started...

Just got 4 boxes of dimes, went through the first and found 2 rosies and a merc... feels good, since my last 4 boxes from this bank were all skunked

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides having to spend some of my money, this is why I cut my halves volume down.. I was normally searching around 12-14 boxes of halves a week. With week after week of skunks, I figured it was time to give dimes more attention before they start getting pounded as hard as halves.. two ounces of silver a week is better than tons of back breaking work for nothing.. I have also found that as long as I accumulate about 50 dollars a week in dimes, it normally adds up to that one big box i would maybe find every month.. I am now searching 6 boxes of halves a week, just incase..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions