The Dig For The Nazi Ghost Train Has Started News Story.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Any time an article cites "treasure hunters" who believe they have "irrefutable proof" of something like this, my radar goes up. There's no shortage of treasure hunters, totally sincerely believing they have 100% positive proof of a treasure in a CW grave, or a bandit's bank robbery loot, or the conquistador's treasure room, blah blah blah. And they will swear on a stack of Bibles that they know exactly where it's at.

And as we all know, such sure-fire treasure stories are a dime-a-dozen. But no amount of counter explanations will dissuade the faithful.

So I have my doubts that any such treasure trains was hidden in a hill/tunnel, then exploded shut down, and no one after the war simply didn't come forward to go get it. I mean, certainly there's more involved in any RR dispatching, loading, planning, etc... than the crew-members comprised on a single RR crew . I would be pretty darned hard to "loose a train", when you think of the size and logistics.

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any time an article cites "treasure hunters" who believe they have "irrefutable proof" of something like this, my radar goes up. There's no shortage of treasure hunters, totally sincerely believing they have 100% positive proof of a treasure in a CW grave, or a bandit's bank robbery loot, or the conquistador's treasure room, blah blah blah. And they will swear on a stack of Bibles that they know exactly where it's at.

And as we all know, such sure-fire treasure stories are a dime-a-dozen. But no amount of counter explanations will dissuade the faithful.

So I have my doubts that any such treasure trains was hidden in a hill/tunnel, then exploded shut down, and no one after the war simply didn't come forward to go get it. I mean, certainly there's more involved in any RR dispatching, loading, planning, etc... than the crew-members comprised on a single RR crew . I would be pretty darned hard to "loose a train", when you think of the size and logistics.

Agreed. It's far more likely that it was discovered by the allies and stolen by them in secret, than is is that the treasure is still sitting there with so many people knowing about it. If it ever existed. If I knew there was a horde of gold that large on a piece of property, you can bet I'd OWN that property pretty quickly lol.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geraldo Rivera is on his way as we speak! :laughing7:

On a more serious note, it's been what a year since it was reported? I'd bet if there was anything there the govt spirited it away by now. Another thing, I'd bet good money all the holocaust relatives are already in line with lawyers in tow. The only people that'll be making money on this either way it goes will be the lawyers. Oh, the finders? Lucky if they get pictures in front of their find.:laughing7:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
A train car. Maybe several.

Train cars are pretty big.

Two people can keep a secret if one is dead.

How many people would it take to hide a train, never say anything, never go back for it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread