🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
In 1947, when I was seven and this rendition of the song came out, it bacame my dad's favorite (he also played the harmonica). It's my reminder of when things were easier; not financially, but just the way of life.

Don in SoCal

Hey Don,

nice song, thanks for sharing this memories with us.

do yo also play the harmonica, I do like the piano man song, harmonica sound great.

Have a good day

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a sweet tune. The tunes played on the harmonica had changed a bit by the time my generation came around.

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m practicing for a competition coming up in August. I play an Oscar, but lately my best tones are from a Horner Old Standby (key of C). It’ll bend notes clear around the corner.
What do you prefer for quality sound?
Well, I like the Hohner Blues Bending A, C, and F. I use my Hohner Special 20 in key of C alot.
But, the Harmonica I use the most is my Hohner Extreme Bending XB-40. Just love it.
Carry my Hohner special 20 key of C in my pocket all the time. You know, just in case I want to drop in on any live entertainment. Dont leave home without it.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Well, I like the Hohner Blues Bending A, C, and F. I use my Hohner Special 20 in key of C alot.
But, the Harmonica I use the most is my Hohner Extreme Bending XB-40. Just love it.
Carry my Hohner special 20 key of C in my pocket all the time. You know, just in case I want to drop in on any live entertainment. Dont leave home without it.
I keep a Lee Oskar (G) in my vehicle. It has great tone, but doesn’t bend as easily as the Hohners.

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m practicing for a competition coming up in August. I play an Oscar, but lately my best tones are from a Horner Old Standby (key of C). It’ll bend notes clear around the corner.
What do you prefer for quality sound?
Tell us more about the competition?

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
It’s not a big affair. Mostly for fun and entertainment. It will be at the Iowa State Fair (Pioneer Hall). I got a blue ribbon in their yodeling competition and now want to do the harmonica competition. They do it every year, I’m told. I want to see how my playing stacks up. I’ve been told that they have a lot of good talent every year.
I’m waiting for the 2024 schedule so I can see what day it will be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread