Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some of you may have seen my posts about my magic numbers for finding gold with the Minelab Etrac and today I have another example of how reliable the numbers are and how they can get you centered on the gold and leave some of the foil other detectors make you dig. I met an older guy in the park who was interested in how I set up my detector and after explaining to him that I was looking for gold low in the foil range and using a tight program I created by sampling my best finds I told him that virtually all the gold rings, and bracelets I have found have fallen into the 12-08, 12-09 numbers on the Etrac. The gentleman had a good size signet ring on and I asked him to place it on the ground. The ring rang a perfect 12-08. 20 minutes later working the right field line on the ball field I got a 12-09 at about 5 inches and out popped this 6.6 grm white gold mans ring. Yes I dig a lot of can slaw and smashed up doubled over pop tops but I can leave most of the trash behind and only dig magic gold numbers and high silver and quarter numbers. Todays totals for two hours on one of the most hammered ball fields in town, 12 quarters, 1 nickel, and a 6.6gram 14K white gold lunker. photo 2.jpg photo 3.JPG

Upvote 14

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it's working for you? Your golden!

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with your numbers, I always dig 12-08 and 12-09 and the high numbers 12-47, 12-48. I found my first gold ring in the first month... Congrats!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree with your numbers, I always dig 12-08 and 12-09 and the high numbers 12-47, 12-48. I found my first gold ring in the first month... Congrats!!

Hope you dig some other #'s as well. :)

Great results from the hunt, 12-08/09 range is interesting I will have to see what it produces from a couple of cheery picked sites.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring
12-09 produced a 9kt brooch for me.
12-24 is another # you may want to pay attention to.
That # produced a 14 kt gold man's signet ring as well as nickels and an 1863, (copper /nickel ), Indian Head Penny

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your happy with the results & it works for you, then its hard too disagree, but I will put a health warning on it. It should really be an approach for trashy park situations & not relic hunting a field. You would miss all they good stuff over in our ploughed land.:thumbsup:

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!! I agree, I found a nice 18k wedding band that came 1209 on my ETrac I still have not found gold with my CTX yet, .... Is it the same ???? I guess it would be?

Congratulations!!!!!!!! HH

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes.those numbers work very well using my minelab se But I'm sure you remember the numbers for great quarters and dimes.Nickles mimic your lower scale.

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the most reliable numbers for gold with an AT Pro? I just got mine & enquiring minds want to know!

OP
OP
Qball

Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Crusader, You are absolutely right about wide open screens for relic hunting. When relic hunting I use a program that just blanks out the bottom line and a little of the line on the right to help with iron wraparound or nothing at all. I have found the 2 tone ferris with a wide open screen use full in iron infested areas but sometimes alternating between wide open and a tight discrimination patterns limits the racket and produces finds I would never hear otherwise. I understand small hammered gold can go to 12-04, 12-05 so my broader point is that the low numbers on the etrac are where you find gold and I never pass up 12-08, 12-09

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IF IT WORKS DONT FIX IT. NEAT RING....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Congrats on your chunky gold ring!

Perfect proof of "knowing your detector" benefits! I agree with your number theory.
I don't have a Minelab but the theory is workable.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've gotten some nice gold rings at 18s 19s and then womens gold 10k class rings at 21 or so. Also at 06 I got a nice slender womans 10k gold ring with a nice ruby and a small diamond chip. Nice ring there still seeking my second gold of any kind this year starting to seem like a "GOLD" drought :laughing7:

OP
OP
Qball

Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sage advise twenties are interesting. going to the gold country this weekend may use the etrac on a claim and hunt for big gold cast out by the strainers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread