Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
drove a few minutes to Woodstock, NY this week with FMERG and we hit a local park. Frank is told "you can't dig holes here" and in a few minutes the law shows up. after instructing the 2 parties on the legality of our endeavor the officer gets in the patrol unit and drives off. the complainant, however apologizes and shakes our hands, I think it was 4 times each and invites us to return on Friday to hunt a parcel that he supervises, then offers to secure another parcel from 1799 owned by a relative that has never been hunted by anyone. who needs John Kerry or William Shatner, with Fmerg or me to untangle a ball of yarn and get results!!!. now for the finds: Frank bagged a no date SLQ and a gold (filled, shucks) cufflink with a barber type cameo insert, plus the usual clad. my stuff is in the photos- got the GW this afternoon amid the drizzle. the cross is plated, the ring is made of nickel but nice design, the shoe is a 1900 pocket knife and the steel blades are toast. IMG_1525.JPG IMG_1526.JPG IMG_1527.JPG IMG_1528.JPG IMG_1529.JPG IMG_1530.JPG IMG_1531.JPG IMG_1532.JPG IMG_1533.JPG IMG_1534.JPG plus the usual clad

Upvote 15

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Way to keep level headed. Credit to the complainant too for not only conceding, but for putting you two in the way of other potential sites.
Nice recoveries..

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, and even better yet is how cool you and your partner and the complainant handled yourselves and got new ground to hunt! Congrats!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY WOULD SOMEONE LET PATRIOT KNOW THAT ACE FOUND HIS MISSING SHOE THE MONOGRAMED ONES....... ACE THATS A BEAUTY OF A CROSS AND I FOUND A LEAF EXACTLY LIKE YOU HAVE ,RING IS AWESOME TO. VANZUTPHEN

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the way you handled the situation. :notworthy: You made some cool finds. :thumbsup: Who doesn't like a silver quarter??

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if anyone is curious, Woodstock has not changed--dorks with guitar cases, New York City tourists, hippies abound, and lots of eye candy bimbos-- gotta love it. frank says we should hit Big Deep, skinny-dipper haven on the Sawkill creek. I can go m^ff diving with the ATPRO. his Minelab will have to stay above water!!!!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Superb variety there and lots to like !! :occasion14:

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is certainly great to read of someone being able to reason with the law and get those kinds of leads. Good hunt there . cool shoe knife you found.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds!, looks like a productive day out with a good future permission!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a really cool knife that would be the find of the day over the silver or bling.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds and great being prepared with your knowledge and permissions- well done!

-- Jeff --

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

Knowing your rights and sticking up for yourselves and the hobby---PURE GOLD!!!!!
Congrats on both!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job all the way around ! I'm kind of surprised that anybody would bother to painstakingly construct that filigree ring
of nickel rather than silver (or high karat gold for that matter )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread