Think of this:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among man were always automatically right. Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

Neil Smith, American author

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw man! I think I just pushed Magellan out!

I KNEW there was a video to go with that! LOL!

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I understand, You definitely should never own one.

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I, myself, and been shooting guns most of my life. And, yes, I have been trained for most of those years........ are you sure you dont have another handle. Like, Davest???????

or, do you talk to hear your head rattle!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you have had zero training, zero experience, but huge on opinion...

in the days past...weekend warrior, sunshine patriot were the terms used.
today, sidewalk commando.
Well, I have had a gun of some sort since I was 10. I also have the presence of mind to know what a gun can do, when I should use one, and what it is for. You have proven that you think it is a club. You have also proven another thing, that is, that you are not a good judge of people. Very seldom will a confrontation like the one you recount happen for no reason. But if it did, you failed on many levels to manage the situation, while losing your rationality.

You sir, seem to be the people you rail against having weapons. In this case, I agree. That is indeed rare.

By the way, I hope you had the presence of mind to give it to someone like me, that has a permit by the state to carry, and has proven proficient and logical in dealing with these sort of circumstances.

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Many people live in their head and have sometimes violent fantasies about how they would prevail in an imaginary confrontation. Problem is most actual confrontations don't follow the dream. Then they can spend a bunch of time thinking how they might have gotten out of the problem.

I usually don't believe the tough talk especially on the internet. Most people that have engaged in a violent act suffer afterward from PTSD.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my comment was for gmd an pat...but typically the insulters arrive as always...

keyboard commandos never feel any pain.
I am sorry, it looked as if it was aimed at me. Sorry for the Rant then.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many people live in their head and have sometimes violent fantasies about how they would prevail in an imaginary confrontation. Problem is most actual confrontations don't follow the dream. Then they can spend a bunch of time thinking how they might have gotten out of the problem.

I usually don't believe the tough talk especially on the internet. Most people that have engaged in a violent act suffer afterward from PTSD.

I have no illusions that in a bad situation it could get worse. All you can do is try to be prepared. If you subscribe to the theory you should wait for government help you are deluded. If you are where you say it could be a LONG time before that help gets there. Your dream of help is a weak viewpoint of yourself. Am I the last generation from there that wants to rely on myself?

OP
OP
GMD52

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave,

I think that we may be the last generation to be self-relient, and having the ability to do what needs to be done. That is a product of our upbringing, work ethic, and experiences from dealing with adverse and contentious events in our years. No matter how hard you try to tell of your experience and past education, people don't care today...they have more important things to do, facebook, utube, I phones, etc.......they don't look around them, and actually see what is happening in the world, or their own home for that matter......I've never been scared of anything, even those things I can't control......But I fear for what will happen when we are gone!.....Gary

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait, my cats is no waste of dna! Did I miss something, like a pissing contest? LOL!

I had a friend(rip) a few decades ago, actually beat an attempted murder rap, when his gun discharged, when he slapped a drug dealer up side the head. LOL! (I laugh, recalling him telling me, of the day in court)
The prosecutors didn't tack on lesser charges of felony assault, cause they knew they had him for attempted murder.

Well, he was at the dealers house to rob him, and when the dealer came home and started to rush him, he smacked him with the gun. Told the judge he was genuinely sorry, he thought he had the safety on, when it discharged and the bullet parted the guys' fro and grazed him (said it had shocked him, too!) Said, if he had wanted to kill the man, he'd a blown his brains out, simple as that. The judge knew him and knew his record, and he walked. He did catch some flack for having a firearm though, but surprisingly, not much. LOL! I miss my friend sometimes.

Next! :laughing7:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave,

I think that we may be the last generation to be self-relient, and having the ability to do what needs to be done. That is a product of our upbringing, work ethic, and experiences from dealing with adverse and contentious events in our years. No matter how hard you try to tell of your experience and past education, people don't care today...they have more important things to do, facebook, utube, I phones, etc.......they don't look around them, and actually see what is happening in the world, or their own home for that matter......I've never been scared of anything, even those things I can't control......But I fear for what will happen when we are gone!.....Gary

"My generation was the greatest"

"No, MY generation was the greatest"

"Those darn kids..."

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"My generation was the greatest"

"No, MY generation was the greatest"

"Those darn kids..."

Ha. When the tough get going the kids leave the scene. And come up with a pithy reason why the old fogies have no wisdom.

OP
OP
GMD52

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ben,

You really need to think before you write, you are proving every point that I make. Someday you might be mature enough to understand some elses views, especially those that differ from yours. Grow up!........Gary

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no illusions that in a bad situation it could get worse. All you can do is try to be prepared. If you subscribe to the theory you should wait for government help you are deluded. If you are where you say it could be a LONG time before that help gets there. Your dream of help is a weak viewpoint of yourself. Am I the last generation from there that wants to rely on myself?

I don't know how you read that response in my post. I didn't indicate anything about responding to a situation. It was about what some say here with what might be described as a Superman mentality. An unrealistic expectation of themselves in a violent event.
What dream of help are you referring to? The dream I talked about was the one in someones head that has an unrealistic expectation of a bad situation. I don't expect to be rescued if a situation might develop. No one's rescued me yet.
All my references were about the difference in many's ideas about confrontation and the reality.
Many in a situation will be like hollow gourds. That's a fact that only a real event can reveal.
Your question "Am I the last generation from there that wants to rely on myself? " is seriously out of touch. There is nothing particular heroic or self reliant about your generation. They created 911, yes? I know a bit about that as I'm part of it. Those attributes are born in an individual, not a generation.
You could reread #7.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Hvac. You could reread #6 and then see if you can find out where #7 falls. It seemed a bit relevant to me.

Are you also implying that my generation, of Americans, caused 9/11? I hope you suffer no such illusions.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Hvac. You could reread #6 and then see if you can find out where #7 falls. It seemed a bit relevant to me.

Are you also implying that my generation, of Americans, caused 9/11? I hope you suffer no such illusions.

I was referring to the telephone number 911 not the date. My reference to the phone number has to do with a failure of some people to be self-reliant.

The event of 911 I'll leave to historians.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread