Thirty three US$2 notes in grandpas storage unit!

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys probably aren’t gonna believe this, so I’m uploading a picture.

IMG_0953.jpeg

We found a bank envelope while going through my grandfathers storage unit. Curious what was inside, we opened it.

We found a total of 33 two dollar bills! All of them except for three seem to be in excellent condition!

It may not be much, but at least I found something today.

Upvote 19

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The recycler (cans and bottles) in my town paid out in 2 dollar bills for awhile, but it changed hands and now you just get regular bills. He got them at the bank. I still have some put away though for my Great Grandkids. It looks like the top center bill was a Grandkid gift once.You might be able to replace the bad bills at a bank.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most of the times I Bought $2.00 notes at My Bank they were Brand New. 1976's; & Consecutive Numbers.
Only once they gave me Their Red Seals & well used ones.

I used to give them to Dancers for Tips back in the Olden days,
And My Great Nieces & Great Nephews at Christmas.

& and of course Newbies at stores to See how many thought they were foreign , or Fake :laughing7:

Not Sure How Many 76's with the Signing of the Declaration on the Back I have Now, But Always Carry 1 in my Wallet

Last edited:

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any time I get the newer ones I spend them. Ever since they came out for the bicentennial most people thought they were something special and packed them away. There's just too many of them to ever be worth much more than face value unless they're an odd serial number.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice haul! As for tipping with them, sure, just give out several and spread em out :laughing7:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2112485

We found a bank envelope while going through my grandfathers storage unit. Curious what was inside, we opened it.

We found a total of 33 two dollar bills! All of them except for three seem to be in excellent condition!

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2112485

Very special. I’d say that’s a great find with wonderful family history.

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find, congrats!
I was given a framed, uncut sheet of them as a gift back in the 80's. I think there were 18 or 20 on the sheet. My ex-wife hated it and wanted to sell it at her yard sale she and her friend were having, so I capitulated.
When I got home from work I asked if she sold my sheet. She said yes and handed me a $5. I asked if she was keeping the rest and she said "no, that's what I sold it for". :BangHead:
Somehow I knew that marriage was doomed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread