🔎 UNIDENTIFIED This item was found near Lake Mohawk near Malvern Ohio

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Saturday I was at a sale in Malvern Ohio area. These people ask me if I knew what this was. They showed me a couple pictures of it. Out in the woods maybe 400 feet from there fairly new home they found this item. It is metal.Not lead Any ideas would be appreciated :)
LakeMO5.jpeg
LakeMohawk.jpeg

It's metal because an MD goes off, magnet attaches or both? If so maybe a glob of leftover molten steel...? Best guess for now... :coffee2:

Upvote 0
They said it was about 2 inches below the ground

Upvote 0
Looks like splatter or run out scrap/remelt material.
Should be more unless an individual transported an individual piece. Slag likely to exist too if much material was dumped and spread.

I know of a foundry years ago that spread waste material on a villages roads before they were paved.
And a foundry I worked at used to pile it outside and around ; before going to a sand reclaim system.
I've seen many pieces similar to yours.

Why Ohio? Because Iron existed.
Why Malvern? That requires a little research probably.

Upvote 2
We thank you for your replies so far :)

Upvote 1
Looks like splatter or run out scrap/remelt material.
Should be more unless an individual transported an individual piece. Slag likely to exist too if much material was dumped and spread.

I know of a foundry years ago that spread waste material on a villages roads before they were paved.
And a foundry I worked at used to pile it outside and around ; before going to a sand reclaim system.
I've seen many pieces similar to yours.

Why Ohio? Because Iron existed.
Why Malvern? That requires a little research probably.
Exactly my first thought also... :tongue3:

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back