Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: This summer's detector

I'd choose the X-Terra 50 of those four. But then you're comparing a $500 detector to a $250 and a $300 and a $350. No surprises there.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just one note...Don't judge detectors on price alone.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie said it all...HH and I know whatever you choose..you will learn it and love it..

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Oop. Charlie must have said too much!! Post pulled?!?

Dive! Dive!

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Geeezz..What did you say Charlie? lol

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I take it one of the links was to a forbidden site. Though, as far as I know, none were other forums - just manufacturers, dealers and detecting reviews (for the four detectors mentioned in the original thread-starter post).

I'm not going to repeat them, but if you google or search "metal detector reviews" many will be in the first hits. The other links were to multi-brand dealers, so I'll just recommend you consult your local yellow-pages or visit the TreasureNet sponsors.

Somebody don't like someone, or something?? I didn't get a PM and I'm still up and taking nourishment so I guess it was a minor violation.

Now back to my foxhole!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

(Tony (above) was one of the three vendors I recommend you contact)

khouse

Dec 6, 2006

The Prizms are not even close to the Ace 250 as far as features and price. I won't get into all the details but the 250 beats them easily.
That leaves the XT50. The XT50 beats the 250 in one major area. It has a manual ground balance. BUT it lacks a small coil.
The 250 has a coin killer 4.5 inch sniper coil. That coil will go 6 inches plus into the ground. So for all the features of the 250 plus the smaller coil option and at only $212.00 the Ace 250 gets my vote. The only reason I would reccomend the XT50 is if you have highly mineralized ground. But it still lacks the small coil. So then I would suggest another brand that has a GB adjustment with a smaller coil option.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread