Three Pence

Beepndig

Aug 19, 2015
CO
Detector(s) used
Ace350, pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Returned to a site that I found my first silver dime in hopes of finding some more silver. Ended up digging a 1937 three pence. It was almost dark when I dug it up from just below the surface and I thought it was some sort of token at first. Then I saw the 1937 and got a little excited, but still unsure because there is great detail on the flower side of the coin. The head side of the coin shows it's age more. Anyway, interesting find and very unexpected. image.jpg

Upvote 5

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on going back to that producing site. I love to pull old coins no mater where they are from. Finds like that feed the fire.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! That looks like it was a fun hunt...coins, jewelry and a foreign coin!

OP
OP
B

Beepndig

Aug 19, 2015
CO
Detector(s) used
Ace350, pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when I say old site, I mean not a new site to me..... school was built in the fifties and that makes late silver probable in my mind. 1937 is a lot older coin than I expected to find. You never know what you might dig at any given location and that is what keeps us coming back for more

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread