Thunder bird effigy birdie

DirtyHandsCleanPoints

Mar 30, 2024
As promised my most special piece the thunder bird/eagle effigy birdie. Was found along with a couple other birdies I posted yesterday. It's all there no breaks the beak is prominent. One wing slightly larger than the other ive found that fairly consistent with a lot of authentic examples. Exited to hear you guys thoughts and opinions about it nobody's ever saw it until now.

Attachments

• RenderedImage.jpeg
    RenderedImage.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 120
  • RenderedImage.jpeg
    RenderedImage.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_7987.jpeg
    IMG_7987.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7989.jpeg
    IMG_7989.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 118
Upvote 15
OP
OP
DirtyHandsCleanPoints

DirtyHandsCleanPoints

Mar 30, 2024
Thanks for the comments and theories my friends I enjoy the conversation. I will say maybe thunderbird is the wrong term but I do believe it is an eagle. I have buckets of broke points and fractures and It doesn't look like a natural fracture it seems controlled and purposeful I cant be tunnel visioned on tools and not believe they didn't create art like we doodle on paper when bored. Debates are healthy

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Congratulations!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments and theories my friends I enjoy the conversation. I will say maybe thunderbird is the wrong term but I do believe it is an eagle. I have buckets of broke points and fractures and It doesn't look like a natural fracture it seems controlled and purposeful I cant be tunnel visioned on tools and not believe they didn't create art like we doodle on paper when bored. Debates are healthy
In focus pictures under natural light would help, there is glare on current pictures when blown up so can't examine the knapping.

2nd request......

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like you are also a stone artisan based on your profile picture. If you have an I-phone there is a magnifying app you can enable. It’s usually accessed by triple clicking the right hand button. 10-12 “ seems to be a good distance from the subject.

OP
OP
DirtyHandsCleanPoints

DirtyHandsCleanPoints

Mar 30, 2024
In focus pictures under natural light would help, there is glare on current pictures when blown up so can't examine the knapping.
I know I'm going to post some more I have to wait until my wife gets back to the house on Sunday my back camera is cracked I take them with hers and send to my phone.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could knap lol I started watching primitive outdoors YouTube and he inspired me to give it a try anyone who naps for real can tell I don't know what I'm doing on that heart for sure. Also you can tell fresh flaking from old flaking if you know what you're thinking I made the bird. These guys would've already picked that apart if it was freshly made.

Please post in focus pictures of the point under natural light....

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
it may not be a "thunderbird" but have a somewhat similar shape.

in my view, like some others, it more likely a point, reshaped into a particular tool, for a specialized purpose.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions