Tiny, but couldn’t leave it behind.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Trail walking today. Not sure how I spotted this one. My granddaughters love rocks and fossils. Decided to let them study it. I apologize for the photo. I just noticed the fossil looks like it might be FDR’s brain!🧠 There is always something interesting nearby.
Little things like this give me “the gratefuls”. Thanks for looking.
IMG_2087.jpeg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a piece of flaked jasper that has a pattern of some agatized sea creature I believe it to be. I found it at a place I hunt right here within the busy front range corridor of the Colorado front range. I pick up every piece of microcrystalline specimen I find on the little hill that overlooks where two creeks meet along with some worked pieces, just because I enjoy the many varieties of different materials that were brought in from far and wide all by the hand of man. It's a place I believe was occupied for generations by the former inhabitants of this ever growing urban sprawl. I'm hoping it will remain all untouched, but the earth movers are getting closer ever year. Heck I might just jump on the bike on this 80° day and peddle out there for some meditation and to gaze over all the progress going on today. I try and look over all below this vantage spot and invission what at one time it all once looked when one could monitor to movement of the deer and antelope below as you chipped away and fashioned your hunting gear from this hilltop.

Attachments

• IMG_20170906_112320180.jpg
    IMG_20170906_112320180.jpg
    1,017.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I often wonder what it was like on the plains, when buffalo were as far a you could see.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a piece of flaked jasper that has a pattern of some agatized sea creature I believe it to be.
That’s an amazing piece of Jasper. I believe that’s called brecciated Jasper. Unlike chert, since Jasper is the product of volcanoes I don’t think it’s possible to have fossils. You can see how the white pieces interlock, typical of breccia. If you find a piece of it big enough to make an arrowhead send it to me and I’ll chip you one.😉

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s an amazing piece of Jasper. I believe that’s called brecciated Jasper. Unlike chert, since Jasper is the product of volcanoes I don’t think it’s possible to have fossils. You can see how the white pieces interlock, typical of breccia. If you find a piece of it big enough to make an arrowhead send it to me and I’ll chip you one.😉
That be cool. The ant hills in the area you can see the tiny conical flakes the ants have dug up abd added to theirpile, so no telling what else is there below the surface of this site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread