Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Rio Tinto is a company I and rest of the trio worked for many years ago. They flew under the name CRA back then which the Queen of England was the majority shareholder back then. That gave them privileged access to doing deals with governments all over the world. By the middle of decade of the 90's there name was so dirty from scandals they changed their name to Rio Tinto. In 2020 financial Epidemic year they have made an over all profit of 9.5 billion dollars.

Working for them they pay really good wages and conditions amigo. I paid off a 25 year house loan in 3 years 10 months. But it came with catch not ask to much questions. They can be quite open for dialogue and ever open for new ideas but get on the wrong side of them they are utterly ruthless. Mess with them your rather the devil himself was after you.

One thing I will give them they are very efficient with mining processes. Their main failure is an culturally arrogant way of doing things. In Australia recently an iron ore mine destroyed a 35000 year old cave with painting inside. The mine too close to the back of cave and cave collapsed. There was no need to do this.It ultimately resulted in the CEO failing on his sword. The CEO before that one before that got grabbed by the Chinese....in deal that went sour.

I understand they have spent 1 billion developing the project with junior partner BHP We have worked for them also. Just as ruthless if not more with staff. But pay well.

Any region having one of their mines generally gets good economic outcomes through employment and added business to existing business in region that helps the over all local economy. They generally offer ground entry employment and training opportunities to local people including disadvantage minorities.

In short during the life of mine it will put more money into local economy creating in turn new opportunities. Flow on effects better roads schools and perhaps demand for houses sends up real estate prices and in turn stimulate building industry.

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
I should add the original company name CRA.... The in house Joke on meaning of the name?

Criminals
Rogues
Assho***

Crow :laughing7:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Amigo

There will be good points and bad points on any mining operations. One thing regulators will have make sure the mining operation hydrology plan has a successful de watering plan. Because it has been a weakness in the past that cost the company dearly.

Many years ago they lost a multi billion dollars mining projects due to waste water containment issues in Bouganville.

Kanacki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread